1/32 Hasegawa A6M5c Zero

Jack234

Hey guys, been working on my Zero from Hasegawa. I am missing the aileron control tab and I was wondering if anyone could help out. If anyone has any tips as well I would appreciate it. Many thanks

On 1/31/2021 at 9:44 AM, Jack234 said:

Hey guys, been working on my Zero from Hasegawa. I am missing the aileron control tab and I was wondering if anyone could help out. If anyone has any tips as well I would appreciate it. Many thanks

Can you give us a little more detail? What's the kit number you working on? Are you looking for the trim tab itself, or do you need the trim tab control in the cockpit?

Edited by coogrfan

There is no aileron trim tab control in the cockpit of the A6M5 series, they're fixed tabs on each aileron as shown below.

YAZZ4Rx.jpg

Could be he's missing the aileron horn and if that's the case, probably any old zero part would work for that.

lWpYLuh.jpg

Edited by Juggernut
added images

No.  Beginning with the A6M3 Model 22 production run (which came after the model 32), the rudder tab was recessed into the rudder.  Not sure if this was controllable or if it moved in relation to rudder deflection ( servo or anti-servo tab).  The reference I have right now doesn’t identify the rudder trim tab control but I think it’s in the same location as the elevator trim tab.

I  am currently building Hasegawa's A6M5c (2016 release) and I am sure the part in question is the  aileron horn shown in the photo in Juggernut's post above.  I nearly lost one of them when I dropped it on the carpet, but fortunately managed to find it.  The part is very tricky to grab and hold with tweezers while gluing it in place.  Given its shape the OP's best bet is to request a replacement part as making one would be very time intensive and challenging to bring off.

Ernest