1/32 Revell Me262B-1/U-1 Nachtjager Red 10

On 2/14/2021 at 2:26 AM, Rocat said:

Wow! One of the best works I've ever seen. Bravo.

On 2/14/2021 at 2:44 AM, dennismcc said:

Absolutely stunning, I could not achieve such results but your build will probably prompt me to make a better job of my builds.

Cheers

Dennis

Thank you!  You're no slouch yourself, Dennis!  But I do understand getting inspiration from other builders here at LSP!

On 4/6/2021 at 6:23 AM, Martinnfb said:

Flawless, inspirational and realistic. Enough said :). Thank You for sharing John.

Cheers

Martin

Thanks Martin!  Man, I wish it were flawless but we are all probably our worst critics so it's better to just say thank you and give a polite bow!  

On 4/6/2021 at 9:35 AM, R Palimaka said:

Very impressive build, and the finish is superb! Such a subtle and masterful mottling technique. 

Brilliant work! 

Richard

Thanks Richard!  I actually adjusted my mottling technique as I worked.  It started off much more controlled and predetermined and I found that relaxed and random strokes produced better results.

On 4/6/2021 at 2:22 PM, Kagemusha said:

Spellbindingly good. 

Thank you Kagemusha!

On 4/10/2021 at 7:03 AM, John1 said:

Amazing work.  Just curious - how did you determine that the upper surfaces of the horizontal stabs remained in the day fighter colors?

Thanks John!  Just a guess as there are no clear photos of the upper surfaces of the horizontal stabilizers.  The panel on the vertical tail fin surrounding the stabilizers were in a dark color and I just extended that idea to the upper stabilizer surfaces, seeing no clear indication of a mottle pattern.

48712382721-6c0f4bd576-o.jpg

RAF-USA-4-Messerschmitt-Me-262-B-1a-U1-W