Life under Lockdown.....What are we all missing the the most?

monthebiff

First off my 9 year old daughter only being in school a couple of days / week with none of the normal activities a girl of her age should be partaking in.  No soccer, Girl Scouts, gym or just running around outside with a pack of kids.   It's quite sad.  

2nd - traveling.   She is finally old enough for us to take her out and start seeing the world.  Made it to Munich just before the virus struck, had plans to go to Ireland last spring and London last fall.

3rd - just being able to go to my local pub, watch a hockey game and have a beer with the village lads.

My wife has a terrible form of uterine cancer. However, she looks and feels great. In other words, she's in between the recurrence and treatment cycles. I'd love to really treat her, to travel, or just go to a nice restaurant. It killing me that I can't do more to make this part of her life richer and more enjoyable.

Yes travel,

I've been traveling internationally for work since the early 90's and my wife and I try to do at least two trips a year somewhere fun, i.e. Hawaii, Florida, Ireland...  This is the longest stint I've gone without travel since I was in my early 20's.  I used to go to Houston once a month, I haven't been there in 13 months now.

12 minutes ago, John1 said:

As someone who has spent time in Houston, I’m not sure I’d look at that as a negative.  

I hear what your saying but it's not the city I miss at all actually.  I have a lot of friends and colleagues in that area, some I've known almost 30 years,  it's them that I miss seeing.

15 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

While I definitely miss hanging out with my family, the wife and I have discovered that we really dont like people that much, and dont really miss hanging out with strangers. 

People are hugely over-rated, on the the whole. Additionally, unless you cook them well, they can be very chewy. 

Chris. 

1 - It's a bit like being sent to Jail in Monopoly , & after 10 months I still haven't rolled a double to stop  incaration in my own home ( now with added fines in the UK ) 

2 - Groundhog day ....for 300+ days  , the only difference at the weekend is not having to switch on the work laptop .

3 - All conversations on the phone sound like the comedy character  Kevin the Teenager ....."where you been ...? ...nowhere" ..."Who have you seen? ....no one" ...."what are you up to ....nuffin ...."

4 I can't travel to see my elderly parents 200 miles away .....unless they die..... and then I'm allowed to go to the funeral with 5 others .

#UKsucks for me at the moment . 

I miss the bars and clubs packed with cute college girls. Oh wait, that was 30+ years ago...

I was locked in my basement casting parts long before this started so not much has changed for me.

I do miss going out for those occasional dinner and a movie nights with the wife, but then I've taken up cooking and have had some wonderful dinners with her here at home.

:beer: