Kits You Want But know You Shouldn’t

Uncarina

First it was the WNW Gotha; I could manage to justify the size of it but not the - I thought at the time - outrageous resale price. :rolleyes:

Then the Trumpeter Su27, which was the opposite. 

Currently it's the 1/350 Kaga with all the PE fixins for which I can justify neither. Nor the insane time sinkhole. It's certainly the one that I'll finally get. 

The HK Lancaster and Hobbyboss B24 are the ones that I covet but price and space rule them out.

Generally I limit myself to £100 maximum for a kit and have been successful in getting many kits that I want for that price or lower including Tamiya super dupa kits, but if someone brought out kits like a Defiant or Skua I would be seriously tempted to break that limit.

Cheers

Dennis

36 minutes ago, ade rowlands said:

I keep adding and removing the HKM Do-335’s to my basket at various places. 

Go for it..............having completed the kit, I can honestly say it was one of the better fitting and more fun kits to build. 

1. The WNW Lanc. Even if it miraculously came into existence I’d buy it, then get a serious case of “my skills can’t do it justice” syndrome, and I’d just end up taking it out of the cupboard on special occasions and fondle the plastic.

2. Not a kit (as far as I know) but a scratch build 1/144 QE carrier. At one stage (before common sense kicked in) the only thing that was stopping me was the lack of 1/144 b model F-35’s.

7 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Go for it..............having completed the kit, I can honestly say it was one of the better fitting and more fun kits to build. 

It’s mostly because I cant decide on which version to go for. I want the 2 seater (the ZM Kit is a no go for me, I know I’ll crack something on all that clear Styrene) But I quite like the Nightfighter and Zerstorer versions. Only have room for the one kit though. Now if I could add the Cannon from the Zerstorer to the Nightfighter that would be something quite interesting.

9 minutes ago, ade rowlands said:

It’s mostly because I cant decide on which version to go for. I want the 2 seater (the ZM Kit is a no go for me, I know I’ll crack something on all that clear Styrene) But I quite like the Nightfighter and Zerstorer versions. Only have room for the one kit though. Now if I could add the Cannon from the Zerstorer to the Nightfighter that would be something quite interesting.

Could always buy the Nightfighter kit, then either buy the canon sprue (s) needed or have someone with the Zerstorer kit possibly make a small mold of the canon, or let you borrow the parts so you could. 

Just thinking out loud

2 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Could always buy the Nightfighter kit, then either buy the canon sprue (s) needed or have someone with the Zerstorer kit possibly make a small mold of the canon, or let you borrow the parts so you could. 

Just thinking out loud

It’s an option. Not sure if HKM do a spares service. 

1 minute ago, Out2gtcha said:

I normally find spare sprues on E-bay. Not sure how prevalent the HKM sprues are but hey-ho.

My usual sources for spares don’t show any. I search quite regularly for spare bits because I’m quite error prone and also I live in hope that Tamiya Thunderbirds sprues show up. Gear doors and intake parts ideally.