Tamiya F-4B Phantom Conversion (Finished! 25 Sep)

easixpedro

11 hours ago, Barry said:

Hi Peter,

Here is a pretty accurate rendering of a F-4B Main Gear Door. It is part of my F-4B WAY Stalled build. :tumble:

Barry

DQqnnEP.jpg

Dude, that’s brilliant! Thanks for sharing it! Too late for this build as my posts are a bit behind, so the doors are mounted and decaled already, but for anyone else wanting to build one, it’ll help.

8 hours ago, Timmy! said:

Glad to see you doing something about that high pitched noise in the cockpit, drowning out the LSO screaming “GEAR!”

Keep up the good work Booger!  She’s turning out great!

Timmy!

Is it bad that as I read that aural tones were playing in my head? Suppose I better get the AoA probes done so they don’t get slow. 

(Hearing the stall warning horn go off at night behind the boat will take years off your life btw)

Thanks gents! That’s the type of a reaction that makes me think I’m on the right track…I’m telling you building dynamic scenes is addictive. Have some odds and ends to wrap up on the nose gear and then on to the stores. Am trying to make some LAU-10 pods, (I’lol explain my reasoning when I get to ‘em).

-Peter

4 hours ago, jeroen_R90S said:

Been following this quietly -that is really superb!

Thanks!

Taking a pause as I'm headed to Tailhook this weekend to sell some books. The theme is Vietnam, so I couldn't pass on the opportunity.

If you're on the Book of Face, I highly suggest following the Tailhook Association.  They've been posting a ton of Vietnam era photos, especially from VF-114. Their HQ in San Diego has an amazing archive with a ton of photos (lots of glorious kodachrome slides). A tremendous resource for certain!

More soon...want to wrap this up and get going on the Prowler. Next year's Nats are just down the road from me and I'd like to get her done in time.

-Peter 

On 9/10/2021 at 10:08 AM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Dude.

so much motion, noise, and power conveyed in this scene. 
nailed it brother.

Really outstanding work my friend-

cheers

Pigfighter

Thanks man.  Back and licking my wounds after the weekend. Always amazing to sit and talk with the giants that went before us. Had a moment to watch Diz Laird hop in an F-35 simulator and do pattern work at the boat. Who's he?  Only Hellcat ace w/ kills against both Germans and Japanese. Dude's 100.

Sat and had a beer w/ Jack Ensch and his wife. Double MiG killer with Mugs McKeown from VF-161 in 1972. Shot down by a SAM a couple of weeks later and the ejection mangled his hand. The Vietnamese amputated what they could to save the rest. His call sign became "Fingers." 

Amazing stories to be heard. Those dudes are literally my heroes. Everything we take for granted today is a direct result of them.

Edited by easixpedro

23 hours ago, easixpedro said:

Thanks man.  Back and licking my wounds after the weekend. Always amazing to sit and talk with the giants that went before us. Had a moment to watch Diz Laird hop in an F-35 simulator and do pattern work at the boat. Who's he?  Only Hellcat ace w/ kills against both Germans and Japanese. Dude's 100.

Sat and had a beer w/ Jack Ensch and his wife. Double MiG killer with Mugs McKeown from VF-161 in 1972. Shot down by a SAM a couple of weeks later and the ejection mangled his hand. The Vietnamese amputated what they could to save the rest. His call sign became "Fingers." 

Amazing stories to be heard. Those dudes are literally my heroes. Everything we take for granted today is a direct result of them.

Been watching some stuff from Tailhook on Ward Carroll's Youtube channel. 

1 hour ago, Maybach_man said:

Been watching some stuff from Tailhook on Ward Carroll's Youtube channel. 

I did see him walking around, but didn't get a chance to chat. Spent a good amount of time talking with Brad Elward. His book on TOP GUN just hit the bookshelves last week. It'll be the definitive work on the subject--it's massive. He came through Fallon when I was there and he was blown away as I had a copies of several of his Osprey series actually sitting on my desk. It was a good ice-breaker for certain!