USS Franklin - NX-326 from Star Trek Beyond - 1/350 Moebius

Brett M

So, something completely different than LSP's. I've had this one on the shelf for a few years and it's time to get it done. So, here's to building the USS Franklin from the last Star Trek Kelvin timeline movie, Beyond!

moe_0975_title.jpg

I picked up a few aftermarket items, listed below

Tenacontrols USS Franklin

Paragraphix USS Franklin PE

JT Graphics photon launcher

Green Strawberry Franklin bridge and accessories

I haven't needed to do any soldering in years, so this is something really new for me (again). Thankfully, I don't seem to have forgotten everything! I started off with getting the bussard collectors ready for the nacelles as well as the rear.....bulb? I of course forgot to take pictures before I started tearing into everything, so you get the messy photos. 

Surprisingly, reading through wiring instructions, combined with soldering, installing and fitting parts as I go......my work station explodes!

Just barely getting going.....feel free to join in and watch.

50882761826_c97f665629_k.jpg

50882760601_9f8887815f_k.jpg

Edited by Brett M
Image links.....wonky!

2 hours ago, Mark M said:

recently been lighting voyager myself, but from home made electronics, its been fun but not finished it yet, so ill be watching with interest

lighting video

Thanks, Mark. Looks like your lighting is working well! Are the fibers red and green or lit with colored LED’s? They look great

58 minutes ago, The Madhatter said:

Nice start there Brett! Ive also started a new build as I need a break from the SD. Will be watching this one for sure

Thanks, Si. Wish I’d done some actual “build starting” photos.  Should be interesting. I did notice some of your new images on Flickr when I signed in.....Space Battle Yamato?

This build is going to be the test. I have the Enterprise D and E that I plan on lighting....and then the big one, a Enterprise A in 1/350. That’ll be a challenge, just because of size!

Edited by Brett M

they are clear fibres, with coloured LED's (6 fibres off 1 led secured by shrink wrap)

i was worried the red and green glow off the wires would effect the white glow from the windows on the body and saucer but it actually give it some variaton. you prob guessed but i have intentionally left the fibre long until painting is done, at which point ill trim them so i dont dirty then end of the fibre

Nice start Brett. I have the Polar Lights Enterprise refit kit with both  TrekModeler and Tenacontrols deluxe lighting sets and a bunch of other AM stuff.  Someday I plan to tackle it all - someday in the distant future that is! 

Ernest