L/F Adobe Acrobat Pro

LSP_K2

First off, this is not something we normally encourage the members to do, but I’m making an exception in my case. I’m seeking a licensed copy of any Adobe Acrobat Professional version (for 64 bit Windows 10 system), from XI on back, though XI would be absolutely awesome. If you happen to have a copy laying around that I could purchase (or borrow), I’d certainly be most appreciative, as long as It contains the product key and serial number, and I will agree to any reasonable asking price.

Thanks a ton, fellas.

10 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Wellllll , how much  money   you got ???

Not a lot. I've actually seen the particular version that I seek, for around $100, which really isn't too awful bad, but would still like to go cheaper, if at all possible.

10 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Did you click on the link ?                Just askin'.

Actually, no I did not. It seems like I hovered over it, but nothing happened. Thanks, I may grab one, especially if I can get the disc too vs just a download, as I'd really prefer the disc.

I would suggest that you look closely and make sure the particular version that is being sold is able to be activated here. I don't know if Adobe does things like that. At one time a former employer's folks bought a software package (I don't remember what off the top of my head) at a 'good' price but it turned out to be a package for sale in Europe and it couldn't be activated in the US.

19 minutes ago, denders said:

I would suggest that you look closely and make sure the particular version that is being sold is able to be activated here. I don't know if Adobe does things like that. At one time a former employer's folks bought a software package (I don't remember what off the top of my head) at a 'good' price but it turned out to be a package for sale in Europe and it couldn't be activated in the US.

Trust me, before I plunk down $100, I intend to read the fine print.

1 hour ago, denders said:

Good. In the mean time, I remembered what the software was, Microsoft Project, and I think they bought it from a seller on Amazon.

It's perhaps somewhat odd, but I have all of the software that was originally provided as a bundle with every PC that I've ever bought. So, I essentially have original licensed software, some of which I never installed, going back at least twenty years. To be honest, I'm not even really sure exactly why I keep it all, but I do.

Because you're probably a "dinosaur" like me. :rolleyes: I do some 3D modeling for another part of my hobby and I'm constantly amazed by posts on those forums looking for where they can download older versions of the software. They have some sort of problem with the current version and want to go back a step or two and they can't find it. I have a copy of all the install files as well as all the public beta version files. I just refuse to install over the internet if I don't have to. Does that mean we're hoarders or pack rats? :shrug:

4 hours ago, denders said:

Because you're probably a "dinosaur" like me. :rolleyes: I do some 3D modeling for another part of my hobby and I'm constantly amazed by posts on those forums looking for where they can download older versions of the software. They have some sort of problem with the current version and want to go back a step or two and they can't find it. I have a copy of all the install files as well as all the public beta version files. I just refuse to install over the internet if I don't have to. Does that mean we're hoarders or pack rats? :shrug:

Perhaps. I kept most of the bundled stuff (I'm not even sure they do that anymore), just because the need/desire might arise where I'll want to install it. Ironically, much of it probably won't work with a 64 bit Windows 10 system anyway, yet I keep it, regardless. My old HP, still runs Windows XP (SP3), for which I've always kept the original installation disc, "just in case", and some of the software will work on that machine, that will not work on this new system I just recently built.

• 1 year later...
On 2/1/2021 at 8:25 PM, LSP_K2 said:

Perhaps. I kept most of the bundled stuff (I'm not even sure they do that anymore), just because the need/desire might arise where I'll want to install it. Ironically, much of it probably won't work with a 64 bit Windows 10 system anyway, yet I keep it, regardless. My old HP, still runs Windows XP (SP3), for which I've always kept the original installation disc, "just in case", and some of the software will work on that machine, that will not work on this new system I just recently built.

Actually you can still use them: install a virtual machine compatible with an emulation of the old OS (there are/were free options). I used that trick to get access to an old CD-ROM two years ago. However, I agree this is not really user-friendly and is only good for temporary access.