TA-7C / EA-7L "Twosair" - Trumpeter conversion

Starfighter

Glad you guys like it, thank you very much! :) 

I made more progress on the nose job. A coat of primer was applied after initial sanding to reveal the overall shape and surface flaws. This coat was then carefully sanded again; more automotive body filler will be needed to obtain a perfect shape and smooth transitions between the printed parts and those from the kit. 

img_27670wk5d.jpg

The dent on the intake underside was adressed as well, but the transition between the new 3D printed intake and the kit fuselage has to be smoothened further.

img_2768s8kl6.jpg

The overall appearance has improved significantly thanks to the corrected nose shape.

img_27709qk35.jpg

On this photo, the not yet perfect transition between intake and kit fuselage is obvious.

img_2771i3k6j.jpg

The last photo shows the more circular nose cross section. I think that's more or less the right direction shape wise...

img_27729oktv.jpg

Rainer, automotive putty is a difficult medium for scribing indeed; I usually apply several coats of Tamiya Primer and try to scribe the primer only. To avoid damage in case I scribe too deep, I use a PE saw in these areas instead of a classic scribing tool. Rivets and fasteners are more of a problem. I usually do them with a pin vise, but that does not work at all on a brittle base such as automotive putty. The only choice in this case is doing the fasteners with a 0,3mm drill bit. 

Thanks Dan! The canopies are the biggest problem indeed - the idea is to 3D print them using clear resin as I did for the Viking.