S H Tempest VI

Hi to you all I've been here some time hiding in the shadows and this is my current project Special Hobbies Tempest VI. After a long time away from the hobby and two false starts, one made it to the SOD but the other ended its days in the bin. This looked a straight forward build in the box but she has fought back all the way, so decaling under way and most of the build done I thought I would share with you all, mistakes a plenty and almost a year in the making the finishing line is in sight. 

tempest 2

Edited by Nighthawk Calling 1
adding image

5 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Looks very nice NC1 but we 'will' be needing more pix  :speak_cool::coolio::popcorn:

Hi Mike,

The one thing I have not done is to take photo of the build, but she is finished I will post more, and as I have worked out how to post photos I will post more of the next  project whatever it may be and hopefully it wont take as long.

Edited by Nighthawk Calling 1

So I have ran into a problem with my Tempest build, I could not make head nor tail of the stencil decal sheet as the reference numbers on the sheet did not match the kits instructions, I have the Special Hobby kit SH32055. So off to the internet to do some research to try and solve the problem, after looking at a few review on line I noticed that my kit has the stencils for a MkV not the MkVI, and the reviews were the same, but on the Special Hobby website the kit has the MkII stencils which must be the same as the MkVI as all the numbers match the instruction in my kit and all made sense. I have been in touch with SH hoping to get the right stencils sheet.

So to you who have this kit in your stash check you stencil decal sheet.  

On 1/25/2021 at 7:39 PM, Nighthawk Calling 1 said:

So I have ran into a problem with my Tempest build, I could not make head nor tail of the stencil decal sheet as the reference numbers on the sheet did not match the kits instructions, I have the Special Hobby kit SH32055. So off to the internet to do some research to try and solve the problem, after looking at a few review on line I noticed that my kit has the stencils for a MkV not the MkVI, and the reviews were the same, but on the Special Hobby website the kit has the MkII stencils which must be the same as the MkVI as all the numbers match the instruction in my kit and all made sense. I have been in touch with SH hoping to get the right stencils sheet.

So to you who have this kit in your stash check you stencil decal sheet.  

New decal sheet is in the post from SH hopfully it will arrive soon, so in the mean time undercarridge to finish and sort out the spinner. And tinker with a Dragon Mustang which was started soom time ago.

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, bdthoresen said:

Looks good on my screen, NC1- Nice work on not necessarily a shake and bake kit!

THOR

Thanks Thor , I will certainly do another one but make sure I make a better job of it. I have the Revell boxing of the kit and Roy's replacement nose. But I see the RoG kit being just as challenging.

Stuart