1:32 Hasegawa Bf 109G-14/AS, looking for who I bought it from

LSP_K2

Quite some time back (November 2019), I bought this 1:32 Hasegawa Bf 109G-14/AS kit from someone here, but for the life of me can't remember who. I have a question regarding an AM item that was in the box, specifically who the manufacturer of the resin 'pit set was. I'll be resuming work on that kit again very soon, and have apparently misplaced/lost the instructions somehow, so need to look those up, if doable. I know his name was Bill, but since I didn't also include his user name in the post above, I really have no idea who he is now, sad to say.

Thanks a bunch.

4 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Can you post a few pictures of the parts?  Also, does it come with instrument decals?  If it does it may be an MDC cockpit.

I'll try to grab a few snaps, yes. One unusual item, is the lap belts (one of them), hangover the edge of the resin seat. It's all cream colored resin, so definitely not Aires.

4 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

and found this on LSP. not sure of it helps you Kevin.

Hasegawa Messerschmitt Bf 109G-14/AS | Large Scale Planes

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/kitdb/details.php?kit=1769

Much of what you see there, was put there by me.

23 minutes ago, Zank_Frappa said:

That cream colored resin looks awfully similar to the Jerry Rutman me 262 cockpit set I have. Not sure if he ever did a 109 though.

It's not anything Rutman, I'm almost a hundred percent sure of that.

14 minutes ago, GDW said:

Kevin, it looks to me like it might be a Master Details set...

Good images of the instructions below: 

https://www.ultracast.ca/product-p/md32002.htm

Bingo! Thanks a ton (I recognize the name now). The set is crude in a couple of areas, but otherwise looks really decent. I'm going to try to hustle this one out before September, as I have a regional to attend (the very first ever region 14 regional), where I'll finally be competing again, after a several year lapse.

42 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

By the by, does anyone know if the -14/AS ever used the under-wing 20mm gun packs? I really want to mount some, and may anyway, but I'd still like to know if it would be reasonable to do so.

Technically, the R6 kit could be mounted the G-14, but practically it was not really feasible. The G-14 featured a large tank for the water-methanol mixture just behind the cockpit and in order to rebalance the extra weight on the aircraft a lot of equipment in the rear of the fuselage was relocated and the breathing oxygen and compressed air bottles were moved to the wings (in the bays outboard of the spaces usually taken by the R6 kit). Even on the earlier types (without the extra weight of the tank inside the fuselage) the R6 kit caused a decrease in performance. Adding the R6 kit to the G-14 would affect the performance of the aircraft to such an extent that it would make the water-methanol system pointless. Having said that, because it was technically possible to attach such a kit to the wing, chances are that someone will find a photo somewhere and wave it furiously in everyone's face shouting "see! see! it is possible!!!"

Radu 

I appreciate the input, Radu. Like I said, I may just do it anyway, using either the OOB stuff, or the great looking Eduard pods; I'm still deciding. I'll also run the idea past the local IPMS fellas to see if it would in any way adversely impact my entry.

18 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

I appreciate the input, Radu. Like I said, I may just do it anyway, using either the OOB stuff, or the great looking Eduard pods; I'm still deciding. I'll also run the idea past the local IPMS fellas to see if it would in any way adversely impact my entry.

LOL... As is commonly said, "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

True enough. There are a few, not too many though, local guys that presume themselves to be SMEs (my goodness, how I loathe that term), who may have something to say, but I'm not really concerned with them, but rather if doing so would hurt my entry. Despite having judged here for many, many years now, "accuracy" whether it be paint colors or anything else, is virtually never a factor, so perhaps I'm safe in that regard.

I've already ran the question by by my fellow local IPMS guys, on our FB page, so I'll see if I get any hits there. If all else fails, I'll contact the head judge, who I know rather well, and just ask him.