Trumpeter 1/24 Hawker Hurricane Mk.I.

mpk

That's some paint stripper you have there.  Did you fly it through an exploding V1???  I hope the plastic underneath is undamaged.

Yeah, Trumpeter decals can be rubbish.  My Mk1 has the same issues (Bob Tuck's DT-A).  I have some better decals for the MkIIc in my stash, so I hope I get to building mine before they go opaque.

Cheers,

Michael

11 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

That's some paint stripper you have there.  Did you fly it through an exploding V1???  I hope the plastic underneath is undamaged.

Yeah, Trumpeter decals can be rubbish.  My Mk1 has the same issues (Bob Tuck's DT-A).  I have some better decals for the MkIIc in my stash, so I hope I get to building mine before they go opaque.

Cheers,

Michael

G'day Michael.

My method for removing paint is a toothbrush dipped in metholated spirits. The only issue this causes later is weird tasting toothpaste that leave my teeth black.

:innocent:

:P

Edited by mpk

2 hours ago, Wackyracer said:

hey the slight mishap has added some really nice textures to the new paintwork, looking forward to the next update.

Thanks mate. I think I did a better job. Now I'm studying photos of weathering hurricanes. I'm unsure which method I'll come up with.

1 hour ago, Panzerwomble said:

Excellent , you've pulled that one back nicely Dale . :clap2:

Thanks mate. I really like your spitfire. We have our little BoB tribute going on. 

Now we need someone to bring in a 109E. :)

Thanks Barry.

Thanks also for that masking site. I've not had time until today to look through it. Great resource!

Many thanks.

I'm going to order the tank busting hurricane next. I'm listening to Leo Mckinstry's book, Hurricane, again. It's nice to hear about the subject one's building. 

:)

Looking good after that rather severe revamp, but you have to be happy with it, there is no point going on if you are not happy.

I'm really into Hurricanes at the moment so will be popping back in to watch your progress.

This is my baby at the moment.

lcPxi6.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

1 hour ago, MARU5137 said:

Dale,

SUPERB workmanship MY Friend.

You really have made leaps  and bounds to this build.

Looking Rather SPLENDID. 

keep it going.

:goodjob:       :clap2:      :thumbsup:

Hi Maru.

I do hope you are safe and well. 

Thanks very much. I am trying to use a black and white photo as a guide. It's very hard to sort out what's what. The ground crew covered the wing in muddy footprints. 

I don't think I can "over weather" a subject working within a war.

Basically I have no idea and will make it up as I go along. (Story of my life)

43 minutes ago, dennismcc said:

Looking good after that rather severe revamp, but you have to be happy with it, there is no point going on if you are not happy.

I'm really into Hurricanes at the moment so will be popping back in to watch your progress.

This is my baby at the moment.

lcPxi6.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis.

Nice baby! :speak_cool:

Edited by mpk