Trumpeter 1/24 Hawker Hurricane Mk.I.

mpk

Approximately 4 years ago I bought this kit. Upon receiving it I threw this together to see how it looked.

3oqxAl.jpg

I noted in the thread leading to this GB, a Sopwith Camel which had a similar history. 

As a result I am adding this model to the Air Superiority GB.

On a whim I dub this out of the very bottom of a large stack of models and went to work.

I had the best time ever! What a great kit! This build with be, with the exception of decals, OOB.

nNCvgi.jpg

This is where I left it last night.

W6NOJH.jpg

I set my alarm to 5.30 AM. just so I could begin early. It is now 6.52 am and I am working on it.

In the past I have doubted my ability to complete a model. Having just built 5 armour projects, I feel 100 % confident my two builds will be completed on time. :D

Nice.  Great to see a Hurricane added to this GB.  :popcorn:

Am I right in thinking you won't be displaying the engine?  Having built one of these, I won't when I eventually do the MkIIc I have in my stash as it's ridiculously small and quite inaccurate.

Cheers,

Michael

PS.  I like the MiG.  :speak_cool:

Edited by Dpgsbody55

4 hours ago, Panzerwomble said:

She's gonna be a big one looking at her next to the Mig  !

Are you going Black / White undersides on this one ? 

Yes indeedie. I found 3 photos.

3 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Nice.  Great to see a Hurricane added to this GB.  :popcorn:

Am I right in thinking you won't be displaying the engine?  Having built one of these, I won't when I eventually do the MkIIc I have in my stash as it's ridiculously small and quite inaccurate.

Cheers,

Michael

PS.  I like the MiG.  :speak_cool:

You Sir, are correct. I will use the engine only to hold the propeller. 

I am enjoying this build so much I am getting a Mk. II. I will go into more detail on my next hurricane. The only extras on this is a pe i.p. and decals. I am using this as a confidence builder. The spitfire will get more love. 

Thanks guys. 

Thanks mate.

I just use a black base and paint over it. I stopped at that point last night, I'm waiting for daylight to check if I need to tone it down. 

It's 7.00 am now and I plan to work all day. I have changed subject, and it will be Trumpeter decals showing Ian Gleed's BoB hurricane Mk.I 

(I changed it due to the propeller spinner. Apparently this aircraft was a Gloster built hurricane.)

These are the same markings used by Airfix back in the 70's when I built that kit. 

Hopefully this build will surpass my earlier effort. :)

Edited by mpk