1/32 Tornado F3 stencils

PeterD

It depends on the scheme you want to do. I chose an F3 during the gulf war as many stencils and walkways were not present. Many of the Revel RAF version have similar stencils and these were also used.  RAF low vis roundels cut, masked and airbrushed. The biggest problem were the white NO STEP signs which I eventually cut with the Silhouette cutter. An easier one is to use Eduard photo etch NO STEP stencils. Not easy but not impossible to do a F3.

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

Hope this helps

Edited by Cheetah11

not only the white no steps are needed but also the dotted lines (walkways) on the wings... it's really strange that no aftermarket manufacturer has thought about it yet, they shouldn't be so difficult to make I think, something like these ones:
walk.jpg

01.jpg

1327112-65156-71-720.jpg

08.jpg

Edited by Luca

• 1 year later...
On 1/19/2021 at 9:21 PM, Scotsman said:

No such luck , there was a privately printed set managed to get my hands on , but that was 15 years ago so until Italeri produce their F3 ;) your out of luck I'm afraid  - sorry!

sorry for my bit late comment about this post....

but Scotsman.... may be this was a set from me.

I have made these decals a long time ago for my own Tornado F3 conversion resin set which some modellers on LSP bought at the time. The resin set is now outdated... 

An old photo of my decal print is seen and the black pattern at right is duplicated in "white" on the left with an Alps printer.

tornado-f3-decal-1.jpg

Are meanwhile the "white dotted lines" decals for the Tornado F3 (ADV) released by any decal supplier? 

I might dig up my old files to do a reprint but don't know is there is still a demand for these F3 decals alone.

Edited by mydesign

21 hours ago, Scotsman said:

My goodness - yes that's the set - and that takes me back - for the time set was excellent accurate and easy to use -I'd buy another set , it's good to have decals like these  Just in case!

checked my files... that was in 2008! At that time I also had a complete decals set with the resin conversion. Later on, several Tornado ADV decalsheets appeared e.d. Xtradecal etc. but without the white stripes of the walkways. 

Making a reprint of the white stripes for me is not that difficult so I might do. If others are interested, let me know.

.... just curious Scotsman... were you able to finish the conversion with my F3 resin set?  ;)

Edited by mydesign

It's colin BTW, Scotsman was a mistake, and yes after a pause of almost a year I completed my F3  and finished it in the 111Sq  markings - Yes shortcuts were taken but overall it was a great project , and yes I will grab some pics of it , assuming I can extricate it from the store it currently resides in 

2008 - Damm I was almost young then!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

A few modellers were interested in decals for  1/32 Tornado ADV F2 or F3 with particularly the white walk way stripes and NO STEPS.

After a search, I have been able to rescue the computer files for the decals designs made over a decade ago and updated them. Decals can be custom printed "on demand"

Interested?  Look at my Tornado page here...

Edited by mydesign