Ex-Czech Polish MiG-29A Fulcrum - Trumpeter 1/32

Piero

Hello,

due the quality of the Gunze colors and their drying speed if well thinned, yesterday I was able to finish the camouflage of the upper surfaces.

After the Light Sand and the Light Green next was the H309 Dark Green. Then the H406 Chocolate Brown.

The H65 Black Green was used to spray the patches covering the czech's insigna.

29A_111 29A_112

Now its time to go with the Light Grey on the under surfaces....then the radome, antennas, metallic panels, black anti-glare panel and last but not least the large white band around the rear part of the fuselage.

CIAO!

Piero

Hello,

the painting phase is going on.

The under surface were sprayed with a very Light Grey. I used the Tamiya XF-80 reference.

29A_115

Then I sprayed the matt Black anti-glare panel in front of the windshield.

29A_118

Patches of Light Blu Grey, Tamiya XF-23, were sprayed over the Czech's insegna under the wings and around the front section of the jet air intakes.

29A_116 29A_117

The real "challenge" was masking and painting the White band around the rear fuselage section... meters of Tamiya's masking tape following such different shapes and details... but in the end I was happy with the result.

29A_114 29A_113 29A_119

Still a lot of panels and details to be painted... but for me this is the best part of building a model.

CIAO!

Piero

• 2 weeks later...

... Unfortunately it went like this...

29A_127 29A_128

My first experience with Techmod's decals has been "difficult": they are printed very well, good color saturation and a thin films... but hardly to use because are so fragile to move from the wet paper and to place on the model.

Despite the model was so well glossed I had also a lot of silvering all over the stencils... a nightmare.

This is the first time such a thing has happened to me... so I removed paints and decals until the bare plastic: I've used the AK Paint Stripper specific product for this task.

Tomorrow I'm going to clean the plastic, restore some panel lines and rivets and after that I'll paint it again.

This time it will be a Czech's Mig-29A, as it should has been from the beginning.

CIAO!

Piero