Lack of Tornado GR4 decals

Likely because it’s basically a second release.  There were a lot of Tornado decals that came out when the Revell kit came out over 20 years ago, but now those decals are long OOP, and there probably isn’t as much enthusiasm this time around.  Also, it’s a version that is used by only one country, in one paint scheme.  Maybe when other versions like the IDS, GR1, and ECR come out, you’ll get more sheets.

But, you also have to look at who’s doing decals in 1/32 scale.  Many who do have their own niche. Some like Aviattic and Pheon only do WW1 aircraft.  Others like Eagle Editions do WW2 aircraft.  For jets, Reid Air and Fightertown mainly do US jets, Matterhorn Circle does Swiss jets, Isradecal does Israeli aircraft, and so on.  For modern RAF jets, your only likely sources are Fantasy Printshop (which already has two sheets) and Xtradecal.  

Edited by Dave Williams

44 minutes ago, jenshb said:

Kits World also do a fair number of British subjects, including 1:32 scale.  Maybe they've got something lined up?

I guess it’s possible, but with the exception of the Meteor F.4 and sheets for a Jaguar kit that doesn’t exist, almost all of their stuff has been WW2, and much of it for restored warbirds.

I have a Revell GR 1 "Desert Storm" kit on the way! Since it was the 30th anniversary of that war

the 17th. The RAF Tornado guys did a great job and the desert pink paint was cool looking. 

I hope Italeri does a GR 1 later...will build another with everything hanging! I wish somebody

would do a 32nd scale set of the runway cratering munition they used!

Cheers...Ron

1 hour ago, aircommando130 said:

I wish somebody would do a 32nd scale set of the runway cratering munition they used!

I'm sure there used to be a resin casting of the JP233 Airfield Denial Weapon. For some reason i think it was Paragon that did them.

Edit: Found them RAF Panavia Tornado JP233s x 2, Paragon Designs 32026 (scalemates.com)

Edited by AlanG

Paragon did indeed do a JP233 set , like all Paragon sets its long OOP, but keep an eye on UK Ebay it does appear from time to time 

There is a very decent set of Operation Telic, Gulf War 2  Decals available as well, agreed the colour schemes on these Telic birds is pretty dull, but the nose are choices are excellent ,  The Xtradecal sheets do appear on Ebay m but the 2nd set including 12 Squadron markings are difficult to track down, and one set cost me £27 a few months ago,  

As has been pointed out the main issue with the basic squadron markings are less than inspiring , with only retirement and commerative schemes offering any colour