Delta Dart

Dandiego

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, after a small break I have made some progress.

Here is the front trapeze. The real deal is actually more complicated, here I have glued in the trapeze, hopefully a little more detail to follow.

zarWUOM.jpg

Rear missile launchers. After the front trapeze was in place I was able to adjust these launchers to match the front.

dI8LXuX.jpg

Genie missile. This is a scaled down version of my Scorpion Genie as it was too big to fit.

lDMFzWP.jpg

Weapons bay doors. These have been a pain to assemble and to get both sides symmetrical.

zF3h8DE.jpg

Main gear with doors.

NFC4QHw.jpg

Nose gear.

7JAkHio.jpg

Slowly making progress..............

Dan

55 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

All I can say is...you're a legend mate!  Not many could do what you are doing (and what you have done with other projects), I admire you and your work very much!

A legend???? Well thanks,  but I really don't think so, I don't feel like one. I will admit that I tackle some unusual subjects, that doesn't make me a legend, just nuts.

Dan

47 minutes ago, Dandiego said:

That is all.

Dan

That is plenty!

Wow, this is such great work! I just got caught up again on your build and glad I did. The scratch-building and meticulous attention to detail is amazing (and a little crazy :) ). 
As someone else said above, your choice of unique subjects is always fun to follow. 

Richard 

Opinions sought......

Stencil data. When the aircraft were first in service they had a noticeable amount of stenciling. Fundecals has a nice set of stencils for the 1:48th kit and  comprehensive online instructions. But even they say that stenciling changed over time. My observation is that aircraft flying in the late 70's had very little noticeable stenciling. So what do you think? Stencils or no stencils?

Next weathering, most of these jets were very clean, but a clean jet looks toy- like. A few online builds have a light weathering, and the aircraft " look right". So......

Glossy overall or flat?

Dan

Hi Dan-

Lovely work so far. I was looking through one of my books the other night, which had some photos of the last squadron of -106’s in service with the Montana ANG. The thing I noticed right away was how clean and shiny their birds were. It would appear the -six was a huge source of pride for those who flew and maintained her. I also did not notice a huge amount of stenciling on the airframes. I would say, light weathering, at least a semigloss sheen, and minimal stenciling. Cant wait to see what you do next with it!

THOR