41sqn Tornado - One Giant leap!

Mark M

Great project and good start Mark.

I'm just at the planning stage of my own although I'm thinking of a backdate to a GR.1 I have the Aries early cockpit and I thought there was a mistake having a bulkhead; so great to have confirmation! I'm still not sure whether to go with the resin or modify the kit panels. The resin cockpit and seats are beautiful and an initial trial fit looks promising; but it was not designed for the Italeri kit and i'm worried about whether it will work when the nose wheel bay is in place. 

I'm generally not used to working in large scale and one thing I plan to try out are the ANZY Models decals and resin cockpit enhancements. My current thinking is to build both and then make the decision. Interestingly the ANZY website  tutorial uses the Aires Tornado cockpit - which is absolutely stunning!  So the photos you've posted will  certainly help with some of the panel detail.  

Rich

28 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Tbh I wouldn't bother with the Aries pit, the italeri one seems 95% accurate for a gr4 and there is plenty of detail

Yes, I'm coming round to that thinking; and then maybe I could concentrate on displaying the Aries cockpit (photo below from ANYZ Models website gallery)  as a seperate model in its own right, suitably mounted / presented alongside the Italeri kit?  It is after all quite a stunning kit itself and getting it to look like the example below would be a considerable, but worthwhile, challenge.:wub:

tornado.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/anyzmodels/photos/pcb.710250549601612/710249192935081/?type=3&theater

Rich

Edited by RichG

Mark, watching this one intently.

I stand to be corrected but the inside of the airbrake pits and the refuelling probe bay and wheel bays are usually white or at least very light grey almost white. 

Makes spotting leaks easier. 

50866121633_6024f55bcd_b.jpg

50866940017_002196c23a_b.jpg

I will be watching the build closely as this kit has arrived in my stash  (my images by the way) 

2 hours ago, Phartycr0c said:

Mark, watching this one intently.

I stand to be corrected but the inside of the airbrake pits and the refuelling probe bay and wheel bays are usually white or at least very light grey almost white. 

Makes spotting leaks easier. 

50866121633_6024f55bcd_b.jpg

50866940017_002196c23a_b.jpg

I will be watching the build closely as this kit has arrived in my stash  (my images by the way) 

its the not the pit im after its this bit some are differnt colours, the other special tail 41sqn aircraft has one white one dsg

12brake.jpg

3562.jpg

so ive rectified the fins and repainted, glossed and decaled, then now need to be sealed and given a wash

ive also started with the paveways, ive decided to go with these rather then the storm shaddow so i can use the pod

sorry about the colour of the photos, just used my phone for these

20210123_184131.jpg

1 hour ago, viper said:

Noticed that ANYZ no longer have shipping to Uk 

Yes. To my frustration they had stopped supplying UK when I went to order (alongside a number of other countries) in December. I recall it was due to postal restrictions relating to covid-19. Then much to my surprise became available again for the UK at the beginning of this month so placed an order (post and possibly VAT free :whistle: ) which arrived in 2 days! It's good stuff & went to get something else but the message then was: "We are really sorry but with some new after-brexit regulations started on january 1st we're not able to make any direct sales to UK customers". 

I guess I was really lucky - perhaps should have done the lottery too!  I gather this is now quite common, hopefully things will get sorted or maybe they can get a UK distributor.

Rich 

16 hours ago, RichG said:

Yes. To my frustration they had stopped supplying UK when I went to order (alongside a number of other countries) in December. I recall it was due to postal restrictions relating to covid-19. Then much to my surprise became available again for the UK at the beginning of this month so placed an order (post and possibly VAT free :whistle: ) which arrived in 2 days! It's good stuff & went to get something else but the message then was: "We are really sorry but with some new after-brexit regulations started on january 1st we're not able to make any direct sales to UK customers". 

I guess I was really lucky - perhaps should have done the lottery too!  I gather this is now quite common, hopefully things will get sorted or maybe they can get a UK distributor.

Rich 

Apparently Frome model shop is a supplier but went to buy some bits yesterday and much of it is out of stock . Hopefully they will sort it out soon ..as I’d but the 1/32 aircraft set . Enjoying the build sir .

18 hours ago, Mark M said:

its the not the pit im after its this bit some are differnt colours, the other special tail 41sqn aircraft has one white one dsg

12brake.jpg

3562.jpg

Ah I see. Im not entirely sure what dictated the inside colours if anything as componets would have been swapped and changed I would imagine! 

On 20/01/2021 at 1:46 PM, Scotsman said:

I don't know if yuo're aware f these seat details for MB 10 seats  - just released by Kit world , 

Kit Link Seat Decals

KW3D132020.jpg?t=1607638512

I've got a couple of sets  tucked away for  my GR4 and one of the Hawk T2s - unfortunately there are no placement instructions, but they should be fairly easy to use 

Just ordered a set not sure if I'll use them of this but I have a revell review kit of the removed hawkt2 on the way