41sqn Tornado - One Giant leap!

Mark M

I don't know if yuo're aware f these seat details for MB 10 seats  - just released by Kit world , 

Kit Link Seat Decals

KW3D132020.jpg?t=1607638512

I've got a couple of sets  tucked away for  my GR4 and one of the Hawk T2s - unfortunately there are no placement instructions, but they should be fairly easy to use 

so it begins, normally id follow the instructions and build the tub first, however i always gettowards the end and rush to get it finished and dont do the best job of the stores as o could so thats where ive started

not much to see yet

20210120_135829.jpg

now ive seen alot of tonka photos and one thing i keep seeing is different colour tanks, quite often barley grey but there was 1 at coningsby in camo still, i have a photo of it on a differnt tornado from 41, but to add a little contrast i thought id do one of these

20210120_181658.jpg

4 hours ago, Scotsman said:

I don't know if yuo're aware f these seat details for MB 10 seats  - just released by Kit world , 

Kit Link Seat Decals

KW3D132020.jpg?t=1607638512

I've got a couple of sets  tucked away for  my GR4 and one of the Hawk T2s - unfortunately there are no placement instructions, but they should be fairly easy to use 

yer i have seen them and if i handt of bought the resin seats id go for a set, maybe next time

6 minutes ago, Mark M said:

MISTAKE -1

whats wrong with this picture

20210122_160203.jpg

yes i put the fins on backsward!! AND NOBODY NOTICED!!!!

time to flip them and repaint

fd95435e71ec64d8e09c185a33c23653.jpg

Nice work!!!

Man, I would have sworn you put them on correct. I would have done the same, as the "correct" way definitely looks bass-akwards! 

Hi Mark, I've just started this too, and knowing little about the Tornado started researching. I'm  not sure how much detail you are planning, but the Italeri cockpit looks off in terms of dimensions to me- the pilot's side  consoles especially seem too long and also there is no rear baulkhead! Looking at the late Aries GR1, the rear lower instrument panel also looks a problem. Im basing this on refs from the IPMS Tornada SIG Group: link attached. I'm planning on an Aries, Eduard 3D mash up, if that works and it may not given the dimension issues.

Here's a link fyi:

https://www.tornadosig.com/gr4-zd793-cockpit.html

Edit: the instructions are dodgy: part 21 appears to be the rear baulkhead....only a) it's not mentioned in the instructions, and b) its a surface for the rear nav boxes to rest on only.

Edited by formerpompeyboy
checked instructions!

i was under the impression the real thing does not have a rear bulkheat to the front seat,and it is hollow other then the isnstruments, however i may be wrong. i will be building it out of the box anyway 

just becarefull using the aries, unless your backdating to a gr1 as they were very different consoles and layouts

1 hour ago, Mark M said:

here you go it doesnt have a rear bulk head you can see all the way through

gal_041.jpg

gal_040.jpg

here are a few piccys ive found over the years, most my own but a few from the net

https://markmarples.smugmug.com/Tornado-Gr4/

1 hour ago, Mark M said:

i was under the impression the real thing does not have a rear bulkheat to the front seat,and it is hollow other then the isnstruments, however i may be wrong. i will be building it out of the box anyway 

just becarefull using the aries, unless your backdating to a gr1 as they were very different consoles and layouts

1 hour ago, Mark M said:

here you go it doesnt have a rear bulk head you can see all the way through

gal_041.jpg

gal_040.jpg

here are a few piccys ive found over the years, most my own but a few from the net

https://markmarples.smugmug.com/Tornado-Gr4/

Mark, there ya go, live n learn! The instructions are confusing- part E21?  Those pictures are spot on for what I'm doing, but cheers I'm aware there are many differences between the GR1 and 4 pits, this is the first Tornado I ever built, so.......

Jim