Full raised rivet kit for Trumpeter SBD with LSP discount now available!

Woody V

This is the day I've been looking forward to since the day I started on this project in March, 2019. Our full rivet replacement kits for the SBD are finally bagged and ready to ship to LSP members exclusively at a $25 savings. The retail on this is $195.95 but your price is $170 plus shipping. 

The link to buy is HERE.

You can see a full SBD-5 build using this kit HERE.

Photo © Brett Matthews

171347970.jpg

Edited by Archer Fine Transfers

Outstanding Woody!

this is such a great idea- I’m 200% blown away by how good your rivets are- they have been a joy to use on my Pavehawk project, and I look forward to using them again. Super easy to apply, incredibly rugged, but most of all realistic- Yours are simply the best; and I’ve tried the others- no comparison!

cheers

Pete

On 1/24/2021 at 3:48 AM, ade rowlands said:

Are the sets you offer for the Revell 1/32 190 made of the same stuff? Impressed with the SBD might place an order if they are made from the same stuff. Have watched the how to video. 

Both are on the same thin film, but unlike the SBD rivets the FW rivets are not raised. Essentially they apply in the exact same way.

17 hours ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

Both are on the same thin film, but unlike the SBD rivets the FW rivets are not raised. Essentially they apply in the exact same way.

Thanks Woody. I’ll have a closer look in to them. I have 2 Revell kits in the stash. What do they look like under a coat of paint? I’m really impressed with the SBD ones. 

1 hour ago, ade rowlands said:

What do they look like under a coat of paint?

If you paint is smooth and you don't finish with a dead flat clear they just add a subtle texture that breaks up the monotony between the panel lines, if that makes any sense. If you go that route apply them under the final color, not the bare plastic. Lacquer paints are highly recommended.

11 hours ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

If you paint is smooth and you don't finish with a dead flat clear they just add a subtle texture that breaks up the monotony between the panel lines, if that makes any sense. If you go that route apply them under the final color, not the bare plastic. Lacquer paints are highly recommended.

I will very likely give them a try when the time comes to get one of the 190's out of the stash. I use MRP paints pretty much exclusively so no worries there. 

• 2 months later...

Not trying to hijack this thread, but have you considered doing the full rivet treatment for the Kitty Hawk UH-60 family of kits? There's a whole lot of version out now plus the variants that are for future issue. This would seem like a great seller. Thanks for your consideration.

Chuck

2 minutes ago, otis252 said:

Not trying to hijack this thread, but have you considered doing the full rivet treatment for the Kitty Hawk UH-60 family of kits?

I've considered it, but it's not a priority at this time.

I wish I had a magic want, but alas I don't.

Woody