LSP Engines

Uncarina

Here’s the engine for my Bearcat in 1/24. 3D image I drew up in Fusion and had printed ((Shapeways fine detail plastic) though some parts, wires and such are manual scratch. 

sWYqHp.jpg    

It has a scratch 3D prop too. Air Scale decals 

5MOBA7.jpg

Edited by Jim Barry

Engines have become a bit of focus point for me of late. Scratch built 1:8 scale to be exact.

I started with a Wright-Martin H3 which is a licence build of the Hispano-Suiza 8F bomber engine. This one has been converted for power boat racing by the Auto Engine Works of St. Paul, Minn. Quite a few were post WW1 when there were a lot of these engines surplus to requirements.

p1070206.jpg

p1070203.jpg

This engine is destined to be installed in a model boat eventually, which is why the water feed connection is incomplete.

p1070219.jpg

Having enjoyed the Wright-Martin I decided to build the two engines fitted to the SE5a. The smaller brother of the H-S8F, the H-S8B, and the Wolseley Viper.

The H-S8B with the dreaded reduction gearbox that was so prone to failure.

p1070648.jpg

p1070644.jpg

p1070658.jpg

And the Wolseley Viper, which may look very similar to the H-S but virtually every part is different in some way!

p1070716.jpg

p1070720.jpg

p1070724.jpg

Both engines now form a little diorama of SE5a power plants.

p1070760.jpg

The latest WIP is a Le Rhone 9C, which I hope to install in a 1:8 Sopwith Pup, if I ever get around to finishing the CAD model of that. I might just stop at a front fuselage though.

le-rhone-and-guinness-1.jpg

Edited by Twobad