Canadian source for after market detail bits

GrahamC

Anyone know of a good Canadian source for after market detail bits?  i.e. resin cockpit details, sets, wheels, etc.

I have spent many hours searching and poking through numerous US and UK online stores. I can find listings for desired bits and pieces but the cost of shipping is discouragingly high, even shipping within Canada can be quite a bit but at least is a bit more reasonable.

cheers, Graham

My question was meant to be very general in scope hoping to find a good all round source.

However, at the moment I have been looking for 1/72 scale ejection seats for 50's and 60's Soviet jets, otherwise 1/32 and 1/48 scale bits for WW 1 aircraft.

I know of Ultracast in Guelph and have been a customer for some time. Also Belcher Bits, and Engines and Things but they don't have what I have been looking for at the moment.

cheers, Graham

4 hours ago, Neo said:

Best soure for am is luckymodel they have free airmail on am stuff. 

They have paused canada for covid. But when that comes back they are the best

I'm curious about the pause you mentioned as I've had two shipments sent out by Lucky Models, one last week. That being said, they were both via their surface mail option which takes a bit longer. They send it in their own container and then on e it arrives in Vancouver, it's sent onward via Canada Post. 

3 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

Postage is a real issue for us Canucks now days.  It's killed my ordering from my favorite suppliers like Sprue Bros and UMM-USA. 

No kidding. I looked at a couple of the specials that Sprue Brothers has had recently and by the time shipping gets added, it's more than the kit costs at my LHS. 

Wheels and Wings is slowly adding stuff to their online catalogue but since they're my LHS, I just pop by and get it via curbside service. In-store shopping at the moment is not allowed due to Covid here in Ontario being out of control. 

If you know what you're looking for, you can email/call them and they'll be happy to mail it out to you. 

Carl

On 1/14/2021 at 3:36 PM, LSP_Ron said:

Postage is a real issue for us Canucks now days.  It's killed my ordering from my favorite suppliers like Sprue Bros and UMM-USA. 

I haven't found a good single source supplier in Canada yet.

I rely on Hannants for shipments to Canada, far cheaper than from the US.

22 hours ago, Snowbird3a said:

as previously mentioned;  Ultracast.   their range of products and their service is excellent

Tony

Good to know. I'm waiting on my order from them (my first ever), right now.

What you really need is retailers to stock those detail sets but I've found them very poor negotiators, whenever we've had our cage rattled by them you send an email and hear nothing. I always thought to run a business successfully you ought not to be shy and retiring. How you can go from stocking a few kits in a garage to a big warehouse when you can't communicate successfully is beyond me.

Graham