Save the box art

John Stambaugh

As a kid I built many of the Revell 1/32 props. I would hang the models from the ceiling and flatten the kit boxes and store them away.

I left home in 1979 and the models and the kit boxes were lost but not forgotten. 

So now that I have returned to the hobby I have determined to store the flattened box lids and keep. On the underside I am writing the start/finish date. 

The day may come when I will want to know when a kit was built and it is an easy way to chronicle the order. Besides; the box art is part of the nostalgia. 

3 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'm going to eventually chase down a pristine copy of the original Revell 1:32 P-40 (the AVG one), just for the box.

That could be a hard one. The box was fragile.  I had 4 kits at one time and all of them were very shop worn, crushed or ceased.  Maybe a Revell nostalgia web site wold have a picture to frame. 

29 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

That could be a hard one. The box was fragile.  I had 4 kits at one time and all of them were very shop worn, crushed or ceased.  Maybe a Revell nostalgia web site wold have a picture to frame. 

Depends on how the kit has been stored/handled over the years. There's some really excellent ones floating around out there.

12 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'm going to eventually chase down a pristine copy of the original Revell 1:32 P-40 (the AVG one), just for the box.

4 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

This P-40 (on feepay), looks quite acceptable. A little too steep for me, but they're certainly out there.

I have one that's in better shape than that. I don't collect boxes so you can have mine for the postage.

PM me if you're interested.