Revell P-51D-5 Passion Wagon (formerly Desert Rat)

CANicoll

FINALLY!  Sorry for the huge delay.  This one has been done for a while, but I've been neglecting the photo side of things.  Here are a few now that she's in the case...

You can find the build thread here

The replacement Eduard resin spinner and prop arrived (well, the new spinner and baseplate) so I had to alter the already-glued props to the hub to make the prop diameter wider to clear the wider spinner.  I didn't quite get the spacing right on one of the props... BUT!  I did finally get the spinner properly painted!  And yes, the main gear doors are UP.  Little bits of red decal cover the gun ports.  Irregularly shaped as I've seen in some pictures.

pmh9tX7Tj

poB9hHl2j

pmLdZNU6j

View of those beautiful AMUR flaps and that crystal clear Aerocraft Models canopy by @Ali62.  Talk about a huge difference from the kit parts. Decals are from Kits-World for the nose checkers and Passion Wagon markings.

pmQuvuFnj

And the Revell Cockpit, augmented by lots and lots of Barracuda plaquards and stencils, Tamiya bits, Eduard bits and bobs.  Not to mention a CMK resin seat and Radu's worn cockpit floor decal.  I think there is more money in the cockpit aftermarket than the cost of everything else on the plane...

ponbQgBXj

pnPzt0jdj

pmFohqKej

pnEYLj2tj

One of these days I'll get around to doing a weathered and faded aircraft again...

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed!

Chris

On 1/12/2021 at 5:22 PM, MARU5137 said:

Chris,

EXQUISITE  build and looking mighty 

IMPRESSIVE.  

You havd done an IMMACULATE  job of your Passion Wagon.

:wow:

:clap2:

:bow:

and a very  belated  Happy New year  MY friend. 

:punk:

Thank you and good to hear from you Maru!  Hope your trip is going well, or is this a more permanent relocation?  Any time to build?? Chris

6 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Thank you Mike M!  Much appreciated!

Thanks Mike!  So, when are we going to see yours, my friend?! :)

Good question Chris. I've several others on the go at present, including an Italeri Starfighter, a Bu 131, and a couple of 1:48 Fishbeds: so it may be a while, I fear.

7 hours ago, MikeC said:

Good question Chris. I've several others on the go at present, including an Italeri Starfighter, a Bu 131, and a couple of 1:48 Fishbeds: so it may be a while, I fear.

I'll be patiently waiting!  I just did the Italeri Starfighter as well, mostly as a diversion - in flight so no landing gear, got to paint the pilot figures.  That is a LONG plane!!!  Good luck!