Anyone heard anything about Squadron's website?

LSP_Ray

I did the same thing and 70% did not come off, oh well is what it is but squadron has been going down hill for ever I will be surprised if they are around much longer.  Hopefully someone will buy their resin molds.

Closed or not, I do not know. What I do know, is that there was a time when I ordered almost exclusively from them, long before Sprue brothers, or several other online retailers even existed. When the new management took over a few years back, they seemed to make one stupid decision after another, until they became nothing but a shell of their former selves. Now I very seldom order anything at all from them, so if they do indeed go under, it really won't impact me much at all, and that's a real shame.

I hadn't used them at all in the last few years, I got the 70% email so I took a shot and I placed an order on 1/8 and they charged my PayPal. Yesterday, 1/13 I got a refund to my PayPal account from Squadron with no explanation. Tried calling their number and it's not working. I think they are toast.

4 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

A side note: Jeff V. is either on a side gig, or has departed Squadron. Saw him on youtube? Can't remember exactly, but he was a solid part of Squadron.

He departed.  IIRC his announcement was posted on the Squadron site months ago. 

Yep, after Squadron raised their prices through the roof, and with living only a few hours from them, I started ordering from SB, even when they are a tad higher in price.

Their speed of shipping and cust service are second to none, and I haven't really even looked at Squadron since.

Had an experience recently I thought I'd pass along. Been waiting on a particular model by Hobby Boss to appear on the market and it finally happened. So, one of the first places to appear to have it "in stock" was Squadron Mail Order in Carrolton, TX....right around the corner from where I live. Over two weeks later, other than a confirmation of order email, nothing from Squadron. So I looked up their phones and tried them...no answers. Website? You get a small generic statement saying "Store closed for renovation". I checked their Facebook page next and found entries within 5 days old. Problem is, Squadron has gone out of business....for good. All their inventory was transferred to a European hobby conglomerate and is history. Warning....if you have sent money to Squadron for ANY products since about November 2020, you had better start trying to get it back.