Anyone heard anything about Squadron's website?

LSP_Ray

21 hours ago, oyoy5 said:

We are down to one actual model shop and one HobbyTown now in my town of Louisville.   Newer Kit prices are so high and shipping is ridiculous soon guess something has to give. 

I can sympathise. I live near to London. In a city of nine million people, we now have one real model-shop (Hannants). There used to be a model-shop on most high-streets.... all now gone, unfortunately. I think the internet and peoples' changing tastes are the main culprit.

Chris.  

22 hours ago, oyoy5 said:

Lots of models bought a ton of Verlindens molds when they went under.  Not sure how good a business decision that was since the resin figures fit I a little tough to be nice.

Indeed. Izzet, a more or less local chap, and owner of LoM, told me the same thing. Some of that stuff, ammo crates, fuel cans and whatnot, still make for some nice add-on pieces to a display, so I hope he releases a lot of that stuff.

My LHS said last year was one of their best years' ever in business. Lots of folks coming back into the hobby, existing modelers finding more time to build...

They were fortunate in that they had started setting up their website right before the province was shut down in March. 

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy filed.

Court Texas Northern Bankruptcy Court
Case number 3:2021bk30105
Assets $500,001 to $1 million 
Liabilities $10,000,001 to $50 million 
Judge Michelle V. Larson
Chapter 7 Filed Jan 19, 2021
Type voluntary
Updated Jan 20, 2021