Anyone heard anything about Squadron's website?

LSP_Ray

I see if you go to Squadron.com you just get a message "Store Close for Renovation". Anyone hear anything about this?

I am thinking it is a hack as it is a pretty unprofessional posting (shouldn't it be: "Website Closed For Renovation" with an explanation?), but haven't heard anything, including any e-mail from Squadron, which I subscribe to.

Yeah, there are comments from folks who placed orders over the weekend. Some of them received confirmation emails, some did not. It appears that some folks have tried calling but only get a "message box full" message.

New ownership perhaps? Although you would think that they would have planned on some sort of continuity.

Usually when some wayward soul hacks a place like that they put up different types of messages than just "closed for renovation".

Very strange indeed - my email from them clearly states the sale ended on Monday, January 11... I attempted to go on the site Monday afternoon to have a look around - I wouldn't mind picking up one or two of those new ICM kits at 70% off - and encountered the same "Store Close for Renovation" message.  Don't know if it's a hack or not (the incorrect grammar/typo might be a clue...).

Inventory Clearance

*Sale ends Monday, January 11, 2021 at 11:59pm (cst).
All sales final. In-stock items only. No backorders.
Coupons cannot be combined. Offer not valid on previous purchases.

Cheers!

John.

Website is down someone said the had the Meng Fokker for $27.00 3 days ago but now the entire website is down.  Honestly haven’t had much in stock for a long time.  They use to be the best out there.

Big discussion on Hyperscale.  Some people say that Squadron is claiming that the website is down for rebuilding from scratch, and should be back in a week.  Others are saying that they’re done, based on the recent 70% off inventory clearance sale (not that they had much actually in stock anyway).  Squadron has been going downhill for years, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they were done.  Very little in stock, and high regular prices.  Seemed more a seller of books and supplies like paint, rather than kits and accessories in recent time.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens in a week or two.  Either they will be back, or they won’t.