Favorite War Film Soundtrack

George

Last of the Mohicans sound track is probably my all time favorite.  I like it so much that at various times over the last 20 years, I have purchased the soundtrack upwards of 3 times and have listened to it probably hundreds of times.  For one thing it is one of my all time favorite workout tracks.  I often would listen to it in the winter working out on a bike while watching old editions of the Tour De France.  

However, John Williams;  Star Wars is right up there also.  

Could not resist the Star Wars one, is it any less fictional than some “War Movies”?

Edited by cbk57

All the above are good.  And there's a bunch more. 

What stands out for me at the moment is the opening teams from "12 o'clock High", "They Were Expendable",  and "Dambusters".  We're talking goose bumps here.  And of course "Band of Brothers". that's a no brainer, what's not to like about that one.

Names'  Pat, cold war sailor USS WASP CVS18

I'm with Ray here, Kelley's Heroes came to the forefront in the time it takes for a synapse to happen when I read the title.

Apocalypse Now as well, for the music of the period....and Ride of the Valkyries?!?! Come on, Awesome piece! Then there is The End by The Doors.

Although not a war movie per se, the time period it takes place in is during the Napoleonic Wars, and  British ship does tangle with a French ship.....I really like the soundtrack for Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World. (Smoke N'Oakum, The Far Side of the World, Into the Fog,  La Boccherini La Musica Notturna Delle Strade di Madrid. GAH, just the whole soundtrack!) Bought this soundtrack on CD, and overall I'm not a big soundtrack fan.

:beer:

Cheers,

Dave