Calling all who can read Japanese Kanji

Timmy!

I’ve got a cool side project underway, an F-4EJ Kai.  I’m just about complete with my decal artwork and I came across a road block Google translate can solve.  I’m working on a black tail 302 Squadron bird and there is some kanji in brush script I can’t decipher.  I could trace from photo’s but I really would rather know the Japanese word and find a font to match....as I am 99% sure that’s how the original markings were made.  Here’s a screen grab.

IMG_2484.PNG?format=2500w

Edited by Timmy!

Jennings,

Thanks for the offer!  I’m actually in that process now. I just thought I could find a font to be just that bit more accurate.  It is what I have done for the data I’ve already drawn for the jet.

Maru,

You're hitting me where I live.  Videos from that channel inspired this upcoming  build.  Japan's F-4's have either have recently been retired or will be very soon, so a quick distraction build is appropriate.  

This build will stretch me to learn new skills.  I'll post more on what new tricks I'm going to teach myself soon, when I start a proper build thread.

Thanks!

Timmy!

Here's a snap shot of the prep work I've done so far.

F-4EJTailSnapShot.png?format=2500w

Edited by Timmy!

I knew you guys wouldn't disappoint!  Maru I do believe you are correct, thanks SC for the characters.

For what it's worth I drew up a complete set of markings and translated to about 99% the Kana and Kanji found the accurate fonts and will be making my own decals for this kit.

Just these last two characters have been tough due to the brush script.  Google translate desktop and phone app were unable to decipher them.

Thanks again everyone!  I really do love this community!

Timmy!

A stunning video of some amazing, eye-catching airframes. It seems a real shame that all the Japanese F-4's are now retired. 

Note to the original poster: were you aware that the two special-scheme Phantoms are catered for in paint-mask sets made by DN models?

Cheers.

Chris. 

Edited by Confusionreigns178
Amending some information.

Chris thanks for sharing DN models.  I was not aware of them I am a big fan of masks over decals when possible.  Maybe something from them could be useful on a future project, the birds they have available are not the one I'm building.  I'm kinda snobby in a way, I usually don't build stuff that is available elsewhere.  I've been making my own decals and stencils for quite some time and I like to build models with unique markings.  That being said there are decals out there for the jet I'm building in 1/48th scale and I used them to help create the markings in 1/32nd scale for my model.

Cheers,

Timmy!