Hasegawa 2021

Archimedes

The last new release from Hasegawa was awhile ago and I think it was the A6M5c kit which was released in 2016...getting on five years ago.  That's extremely quiet for what used to be an almost annual 1/32 new tool release.  Most of Hasegawa's stuff of late has been reissues with different decals.  They have been releasing other new stuff so I'm wondering if they're turning down the burners on the airplane kits (I haven't seen a lot of new 1/48 from them either but haven't really be paying that much attention to 1/48).

1 hour ago, Juggernut said:

The last new release from Hasegawa was awhile ago and I think it was the A6M5c kit which was released in 2016...getting on five years ago.

Wow. I'm even slower than usual. Completely missed that A6M5c.

I'm wondering if Hasegawa are concentrating on selling to the Japanese market? From what I've read, modellers from the land-of-the-rising-sun tend to prefer smaller kits, particularly if they are science-fiction based. Obviously, this is a sweeping statement, but I reckon it could hold some water if you put it to the test. 

Chris. 

Well, we do not live in Japan nor are we a member of the executive corps of Hasegawa so anything we say will be pretty close to pure conjecture. 

Thus I guess that we will not know what models will appear or reappear until it happens.

In the meantime you can always buy old kits from our stashes. Hint, hint, hint.:BANGHEAD2::whistle::hmmm:

I have the utmost respect for the Japanese market.  While living in Singapore for four years ( recently) I had a lot of commercial aircraft dealings with the mainland airlines.  I always set aside a good afternoon/evening to venture into the city centers.  I hardly knew where I was going but with a smile you can open up most people to help you find where you need to be.   The best place I found was Osaka.  The VOLKS store the Tamiya store, the Hasegawa store.  The Osaka hobby district was several blocks and simply amazing.  They also dabble into some head shaking stuff I can't even begin to describe.  All and all, its good day spent but you need to research and find the places where to look.   I wish Hasegawa all the best.  They will make us happy eventually.