Question regarding opening holes in Bearcat wing

mpk

Hi guys.

I am doing a bit of work on my Trumpeter bearcat. There's two guns per wing. Instructions point to missile rail holes but indicate nothing re' the shuts to expell cartridges. Before opening this I feel it best to ask.

yw1oEM.jpg

• LSP_K2 changed the title to Question regarding opening holes in Bearcat wing

I found this image. They seem to be open. And just two of them.

I will cut the guns down to size firing from the leading edge.

Thanks guys.

I will wait until later in case more evidence is found.

swerf.jpg

Edited by mpk

Like Thierry said. The plans you found are of the 0.50 cal version, but I found similar for the cannon version:

f8f-bearcat.jpg

In your pic of the cannons in place on the underside of the wing, you can see where the ammo comes from the outside of the cannons, then the spent shells would go through the cannon to the inside, down a chute, and out the two slots, one just inside of each cannon. So those two should be opened up, and if you want, add a short chute inside just so it doesn't look like an open void. Have fun!

PS: I really need to unpack all my ref books; would have made answering the question a lot easier and faster... 

The bulges atop each wing are for the cannon version, not the 50. version? 

If so I must change plans of using this decal sheet:

ydZM0V.jpg

zjGYXV.jpg

Which means I will keep the cannons and use the sheet above for the roundels, and use the kit decal squadron codes.

I bought the wrong sheet.

The decals are for a -1, the cannon-armed birds are -1B. Good chance the units had some -1B's, too, so you might look for pics.

Of course, I won't tell if you use them as is! Or, yes, mix and match with the kit decals, though I personally don't like Trumpy decals.