Qatar Rafale

That's an attractive scheme.

Who's going to be the first manufacturer to bring a 32nd scale Rafale to the table? 

It's a pretty airframe so I often wonder why no-one has taken the plunge so far. 

I get the argument about few airforces so few colour schemes but have n't there been quite a few special schemes to model over the years? 

Someone should definitely create one of these and the Gripen too. 

Super images Jari, thanks for sharing them. :thumbsup:

On 1/9/2021 at 3:46 AM, geedubelyer said:

That's an attractive scheme.

Who's going to be the first manufacturer to bring a 32nd scale Rafale to the table? 

It's a pretty airframe so I often wonder why no-one has taken the plunge so far. 

I get the argument about few airforces so few colour schemes but have n't there been quite a few special schemes to model over the years? 

Someone should definitely create one of these and the Gripen too. 

Super images Jari, thanks for sharing them. :thumbsup:

I'm more a propeller guy but I think I would buy a 1/32 Rafale.

Pretty airframe indeed.

Dassault subjects seem to be somewhat perennial in terms of modelling choices, so I would expect a 1/32 Rafale to sell well over the longer term. 

For me personally, it is a type which held no real interest to me initially (although its beauty and potency cannot be denied), however, now that the HAF are going to acquire it very soon, I now like it! :) (I have recently bought a 1/48 Revell rafale kit, but would certainly like a 1/32 version).

antonis-roen911-karidis-t2.jpg?1599344454

Derek

2 hours ago, jenshb said:

Have the Greeks actually signed the dotted line Derek?

I have just checked Jens; it was imminent within days as of the 15-18 December 2020, but I have not seen anything to say that they have done so, so I do not think so yet as we speak.

Update: The Greek parliament will vote this week on the purchase of the Rafale.

https://www.reuters.com/article/greece-france-defence/greek-parliament-to-vote-this-week-on-rafale-jets-purchase-idUSL8N2JN25K

Derek

Edited by Derek B

From what I have just read in Greek reports, providing that the vote is approved (which has just been accepted) and ratified, then the HAF could have their first six Rafale (refurbished) aircraft by July this year. :)

Derek

Edited by Derek B

2 hours ago, geedubelyer said:

Ooh,....nice. Rafale in heavily weathered Aegean Ghost scheme. That's a mouth watering prospect. Did I see somewhere that conformal pallets were in development for Rafale?

Hi geedubelyer,

I have not really heard anything about Rafale conformal pallets, so I don't know the answer to that question? (although they would definitely be a very much needed and a worthwhile addition, as well as look very cool into the bargain!).

Derek