Best 109E? Eduard, Cyber Hobby/Dragon, or Trumpeter?

seiran01

4 hours ago, dashotgun said:

great  and not available   at most of my stores   I did find it on amazon   for 100 plus shipping for a 54 dollar list kit sigh

Squadron has the E3 in stock and a great price

https://www.squadron.com/1-32-Cyber-Hobby-Messerschmitt-Bf-109E-3-CH03222-p/ch03222.htm

5 hours ago, ziggyfoos said:

I rarely only buy one thing from Europe, I always try to make it worth my while by ordering several items.

Ordering direct from HGW, I can buy three kits there with $32.54 shipping to US (or I can buy 25+ for the same $32.54 shipping). Granted each kit cost is about $112 there vs $96 at Hannants, but they have higher shipping cost.

I had to look it up but I ordered mine directly from HGW and it worked out to $94 CAD for the kit plus shipping back in September. I had a bunch of other stuff as well. It didn't take too long to arrive here either. 

Carl

2 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

I looks like this kit is now a golden goose egg.  I've looked at all the on-line stores I can think of in North America and none have stock. Even tried Amazon.

I thought this was the Eduard plastic...  so, I ignored it.  Was gonna grab one at Hannants and then found it a little less expensive to get here at BNA.  Nice job, Forumites!

I have built all three and agree the CyberHobby 109 is the best build.  Having said that though I think both the Eduard and Trumpeter offering build up just fine and I would not hesitate to a 109 kit from either manufactor.

Ernest 

checked out  hgw and   surprisingly  they only wanted to charge 22 for the shipping hmmm  went ahead and also got he rivet decals for the   fw a 8    I was going to paypal but  their exchange rate was stupid expensive my cc does gives me close to the bank exchange rate

• 1 year later...
On 1/8/2021 at 3:59 AM, hworth18 said:

Great comparisons, but overall, I'd say the Eduard 109E is just a tad better than the Cyberhobby in overall details.

I think that’s certainly true with the resin kit but no real surprises there. The basic Eduard cockpits are not bad at all but out of the box the cyber hobby wins quite clearly imho 

Edited by Onspring
Paste error

Got my two from Super Hobby.  Then I got resin seats with belts.  Then a Yahu instrument panel.  I'm getting LAZY in my old age.  Or I am now old enough to recognize that my skills pale to the professionals.............