Best 109E? Eduard, Cyber Hobby/Dragon, or Trumpeter?

seiran01

6 hours ago, hworth18 said:

Great comparisons, but overall, I'd say the Eduard 109E is just a tad better than the Cyberhobby in overall details.

The rear fuselage is a porked as Quasimodo's shoulder.  I'll never buy another 109E from Eduard.  Where's the one I completed?  In a landfill, somewhere.

The slats chord is also noticeably too long on the Eduard kit. You must cut a section out of them to glue it on the wing, restore the slats rear edge and lenghten the rivet lines after having eliminated the seam. All that stuff is not that difficult but time-consuming. Another reason to get the Cyberhobby kit.

41 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

The rear fuselage is a porked as Quasimodo's shoulder.  I'll never buy another 109E from Eduard.  Where's the one I completed?  In a landfill, somewhere.

Made me laugh out loud , don't hold back :yahoo:

Annoying seeing this thread otday .....as a Trumpeter 109E was delivered from China to me this morning , although looking around in the UK a lot of people must have read the review as the Cyber Hobby one seems sold out in most of my normal places. :unsure: Only upside is , it comes with some Priller decals , which echos my 190 build . 

Edited by Panzerwomble

48 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Indeed! This is the Cyberhobby kit with some aftermarket. This is without any doubt the best 1/32 Emil package ever released.

Additionnaly, though it s released as E-7, there is also an old style E3 canopy and windscreen inside the box. So it s possible to built earlier versions.

But the same missing in Dragon s construction guide has been preserved here. (it's a Dragon classic)

I have already one in my stash which will be finished as a desert E-7. Fitting is perfect for this time being.

https://hgwmodels.cz/en/eshop/1014-messerschmitt-bf-109e-7-trop-132-limited-edition-103201.html

You can get the HGW one from HGW themselves. The price looks steep until you add up the cost of what comes in the box if you were to get all the stuff separately, that’s also if you can locate a Cyber Hobby kit. I got one from Hannants last week (out of stock now) after giving up finding a Cyber Hobby boxing. Naturally I wont be doing any of the box schemes but they are full of handy bits for the spares drawer. I might pick up another at some point to do one of the Box schemes though.

1 hour ago, ade rowlands said:

... I got one from Hannants last week (out of stock now) ...

Hannants has two in stock (for now at least...) I was just looking at them and comparing shipped price to ordering direct from HGW.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/HGW103201

I didn't realize before that their boxing also included the E-3 canopy sprue too. Wonder why they don't advertise that - don't even show any clear sprues on the product page. Would think stating/showing that E-3 parts are included would help sell the kits. I wasn't interested in the E-7 Trop kit but now knowing there are the E-3 parts in there, well now I'm interested and will buy more than one since 109E decals are easy enough to source from.

Edited by ziggyfoos
link

10 minutes ago, ziggyfoos said:

Hannants has two in stock (for now at least...) I was just looking at them and comparing shipped price to ordering direct from HGW.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/HGW103201

I didn't realize before that their boxing also included the E-3 canopy sprue too. Wonder why they don't advertise that - don't even show any clear sprues on the product page. Would think stating/showing that E-3 parts are included would help sell the kits. I wasn't interested in the E-7 Trop kit but now knowing there are the E-3 parts in there, well now I'm interested and will buy more than one since 109E decals are easy enough to source from.

but shipping for europe will double the price to nc

24 minutes ago, dashotgun said:

but shipping for europe will double the price to nc

I rarely only buy one thing from Europe, I always try to make it worth my while by ordering several items.

Ordering direct from HGW, I can buy three kits there with $32.54 shipping to US (or I can buy 25+ for the same $32.54 shipping). Granted each kit cost is about $112 there vs $96 at Hannants, but they have higher shipping cost.

Edited by ziggyfoos

56 minutes ago, dashotgun said:

great  and not available   at most of my stores   I did find it on amazon   for 100 plus shipping for a 54 dollar list kit sigh

Get it shipped direct for Kč2,830 ($132.29 give or take).

Yes it's expensive but wouldn't compare this boxing to the $54 original CyberHobby boxing since this one includes several aftermarket: printed belts, resin exhausts, yahu dash, and full airframe rivet set - latter alone sells for $25+.

Edited by ziggyfoos