ICM NEWs 2021 - Bell AH-1G Cobra in 1/32

Jan_G

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Not sure why that's a problem, since you can get them as cheap or cheaper direct from Ukraine, usually quicker than waiting for a US distributor.

How true.  I bought my I-16 kits and the  Gladiator from Ukraine.  Two weeks waiting.  

• 4 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Look like CAD drawings of the sprues.  Interesting that they have both right/left rotor tails and thin/thick leg skids on the sprues.  Unless they gate that section of the sprues off, it should be in all of the kits.

I feel that is likely that they will gate off parts and you will not get all parts for the different versions in a given boxing. I would vastly prefer getting all parts in one box to do different versions but it is what it is.

I do hope they will give you all the parts shown so you can build a late version -G.

Only potential issue I see is with the turbine inlets.  Those louvers look off.     

• 4 weeks later...

Looks outstanding! Although, selfishly, I was hoping for some markings with a shark mouth. Guess I'll have to go another route to accomplish that.

Definitely picking one of these up!

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

17 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

Looks outstanding! Although, selfishly, I was hoping for some markings with a shark mouth. Guess I'll have to go another route to accomplish that.

Definitely picking one of these up!

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

I'm sure you won't have to wait long for the aftermarket folks to jump in.   I'm pleasantly surprised that they included all the extra bits for the later version Snake (solid nose, twin weapon turret, antennas, toilet bowl, etc.    Only thing I see that they left out was the XM35 20mm cannon, which is too bad, that's the version I was really looking forward to building.     Looks like there is also plenty of room for the aftermarket folks to offer upgraded cockpits, weapons, etc.  Hope we'll get some nice offerings from them.