ICM NEWs 2021 - Bell AH-1G Cobra in 1/32

Jan_G

Yep. Funny how they can release all the same plastic, with resin,PE and 3d detail parts, for the same cost as the basic ICM kit. Guess this I what I get for jumping on the wagon so quickly. I could have easily waited, got this all in one kit, and it would still be sitting in the stash just like the ICM kit will be, for about (mumble,mumble) years before I touch it...

Yeah while I am extremely happy to see a new Cobra especially in 1/32 the whole release plan is a little odd and frustrating with now the Special Hobby version and then the word they are also releasing in 1/35 scale. I guess it would definitely have been better to wait to purchase till all options were on the table but it feels pretty rare that a new release is going to go this way (with so many options....)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the Special Hobby boxing today.  The extra detail parts really add a lot to the kit, although I’m still going Quinta for the IP and seatbelts over the PE. Very nicely cast resin and 3D parts, and finally an accurate gunsight, which for me is one of the worst parts in the original plastic.  For Brian, the resin minigun barrels have small dimples to represent the barrel bore, but they are pretty shallow.  To be fair, the mold to make deeper bore holes in each tiny barrel tip probably wouldn’t last long, but at least they are there and people can use them as a starting point to drill out the bores if they want.  At least the resin muzzle has individual barrel tips instead of the joined 6-lobe cloverleaf of the plastic kit part.  Just waiting for the Aerocraft skids to come out before starting mine.

Hannants has listed the 1/35th Cobra w/ Figures for release in Q4, 2022.    Interesting dilemma.   I really prefer 35th scale since it's the same as all my other helo builds.  However, there is no guarantee that this kit will get the SH / aftermarket treatment that the 32nd kit has.    Decisions, decisions.....

• 2 weeks later...
An accurate 1/32 AH-1G/Q Cobra stencils for ICM kits:

ICM delighted me this year with amazing kit  32061, unfortunately the stencils were Over-size based on a real cobra preserved in the Palm Spring Air Museum.
So I did an in-depth study on the true stencils of the Cobra AH-1 Cobra based on an exact US-Army Marking standard. 
After hard work i print few sets at ReproGraphX, NY, USA. The decals will be offer for sale at ebay next week.
The decals are Dry Rub-On Transfer decal, No clear film like Waterslide Decal The transfer decal appears as if it has been printed directly to the surface.
Decals are Black color only. 

Netanel Deri

51813409279_0ea6274166.jpg

51813061781_08fe1210b8.jpg

51813481789_9acd7e5be6.jpg

51812173112_342d4e7209.jpg

3 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

You should post this in the Vendor's Forum as a new subject, however, as that is meant for sales posts, especially since posts in the LSP Forum get buried pretty fast.

Done!

I've left a link in the original spot as well

3 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Done!

I've left a link in the original spot as well

I fell for that too, Brian! The problem is, Netanel's post is tagged onto the end of a thread that doesn't belong in the Vendors board, so I'm going to have to move it back to LSP Discussion.

Kev