ICM NEWs 2021 - Bell AH-1G Cobra in 1/32

Jan_G

1 hour ago, petrov27 said:

Seats look a bit weak but the turret doesn’t look half bad. 

26 minutes ago, petrov27 said:

RB Model 1/35 Minigun in the ICM kit (not glued yet) - I had a tough time building it but I think doing a 2nd one I would now have an easier time of it and know where there are challenges. Not sure if it scales right - even though 1/35 it may be just slightly large here....

l1eoL3Nl.jpg

If anything it should be too small, yes? Being that 1/35 IS smaller scale than 32nd, and I assume this is a 7.62 minigun. I was thinking of using a 1/72 20mm vulcan, which would scale out to about 8.8mm, so a fraction too big. This is probably a better way to go, it passes the MK1 eyeball test, methinks.

On 10/6/2021 at 4:27 AM, eoyguy said:

If anything it should be too small, yes? Being that 1/35 IS smaller scale than 32nd, and I assume this is a 7.62 minigun. I was thinking of using a 1/72 20mm vulcan, which would scale out to about 8.8mm, so a fraction too big. This is probably a better way to go, it passes the MK1 eyeball test, methinks.

This is not as such a bad idea but the guns are not identical, just similar and the minigun has four round support plates whereas the 20mm has only two.

3 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Strangely the Special Hobby kit is pretty much the same price as the ICM release, details.

I have a distinct feeling that the price will be significantly more than this once the kit is released (maybe Hannants put this price in as a "place-holder" only). 

Chris. 

Edited by Confusionreigns178
Correcting a typo.

55 minutes ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

I have a distinct felling that the price will be significantly more than this once the kit is released (maybe Hannants put this price in as a "place-holder" only). 

Chris. 

It's not what they do, as if you pre-order, that is the price you pay.

On 10/5/2021 at 9:27 PM, eoyguy said:

Others may disagree, but that looks pretty spot on to me in spite of being 1/35.

Agreed!

Looks like their 35th mini gun is a big big, but looks perfect.

I would have never ordered a 35th one without seeing that first. 

Had I not already ordered a terret ser with the mini gun in it, I'd buy one. I still might, as the kit is nice enough that I might get another one still.

3 hours ago, allbann said:

Only issue is that the two pilots are dressed in one-piece nomex flight suits which (to the best of my knowledge) are more suitable to an 80’s Army pilot.  Later war Nam-era pilots wore a pretty distinctive two piece flight suit.