ICM NEWs 2021 - Bell AH-1G Cobra in 1/32

Jan_G

43 minutes ago, petrov27 said:

Yeah some decal aftermarket would be nice. I am wondering if the 1/32 vs. 1/35 or that they are doing both scales apparently might have put off some decal companies? I personally had a couple old sheets in the stash so have some options but some new would be good also....

Maybe AoA will have something in the works. Definitely seems like something directly up their alley. Or Floyd Werner.

Matt 

On 9/9/2021 at 1:27 PM, John1 said:

How’s SH’s resin look on previous releases of theirs?   

Looking at my Tempest and Ju-88 kit, very good quality resin. They are part of CMK, so it makes sense. 

That Hi-Tech Cobra kit looks like the one to buy.

Matt 

On 8/3/2021 at 10:02 PM, adameliclem said:

1/35th: I question your business model.

1/32nd: Yeah, I don’t get it.

ICM: What

What's the difference between a happy, well-fulfilled modeller and a unicorn? There's isn't one.... 'cos neither creature actually exists. 

Chris. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 5:23 PM, Jan_G said:

It's weird that the box art shows a Cobra with no inner pylons.   Don't think I've ever seen a picture of one in that config.   Anywhoo...  From over on BritModeler, here are the decal options.    I'm kinda digging "Wretched Mildred, version 1".  Wonder what it says in Japanese (?) on the tail boom and under the canopy?

SH32082-camo.jpg

The CAD drawings look very impressive.   Hopefully the real deal will as well.

9.png

1.jpg

Wonder if SH will go to the trouble of downsizing this update set when the 35th scale Snake gets released?

4 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Or hope that Master models do a brass one. They did a gun and pitot set for the 1/35 Hind so it is possible.

RB does a 7.62 minigun barrel set in brass in 1/35 so they could scale theirs up too.

Carl

Im thinking about using a Master 1/72 M61, it scales out very close.

9 hours ago, John1 said:

It's weird that the box art shows a Cobra with no inner pylons.   Don't think I've ever seen a picture of one in that config.   Anywhoo...  From over on BritModeler, here are the decal options.    I'm kinda digging "Wretched Mildred, version 1".  Wonder what it says in Japanese (?) on the tail boom and under the canopy?

SH32082-camo.jpg

The CAD drawings look very impressive.   Hopefully the real deal will as well.

9.png

1.jpg

Wonder if SH will go to the trouble of downsizing this update set when the 35th scale Snake gets released?

Does anyone know how or when some cunning Australian zapped the camouflaged one? I'm aware of OV-10's being zapped constantly by RAAF exchange aircrew but a Cobra is new to me