Favourite 1/32 build?

Pup7309

Hi, have to agree with dashotgun a bit. If interior details mean a fight to put the outside together I’d rather do without it. Although I am scratch building extra interiors/ using vacform for Monogram B-24 and would jump on an updated/ detailed kit in a sec.

3 hours ago, Shoggz said:

I managed.. :(

Actually its a very easy kit to mess up if you don't really study every step of the instructions. Especially the engine, cowl and folding wings.  Parts fit reversed, swapped sides or don't fit if glued at the wrong step.

6 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

Actually its a very easy kit to mess up if you don't really study every step of the instructions. Especially the engine, cowl and folding wings.  Parts fit reversed, swapped sides or don't fit if glued at the wrong step.

I decided before hand how i wanted to complete the build and then put a big cross made of green masking tape through all the bits that didn't apply. Only way to keep my sanity!

Most enjoyable build in 1/32 was Tamiya Spitfire Mk IX - start to finish a great experience.

Also the Trumpeter A-4 was enjoyable - I wish they'd do a TA- version!

I also liked the Italeri F-104C, but that was more for the finished product.

As painful as it may be, the KH Mirage 2000C came out great after a little work to overcome poor kit engineering.

John

On 1/7/2021 at 12:39 AM, LSP_Ron said:

Exactly. I somehow managed to fit the engine upside down - obviously I misread the instructions. It was the Birdcage version and I do have the -A and -D variants in the stash too, so let's hope I don't repeat my error with them!

For pure quality of the kit, I'd say it's a tie between the Tamiya F4U-1D and the Mosquito.   Both kits are amazing and I'm not using "amazing" lightly.  They are that good. 

For pure enjoyment, it was my 1/32nd AH-6C, the first "Littlebird".   About 10 years ago, "GT" one of the original first 6 AH-6C "Nightstalker" pilots, back in the day when the unit was in the black and known simply as TF160, posted a bunch of pictures of his AH-6C online.  Previously, there was next to nothing out there for pictures of these early special operations helos.  I decided to take the plunge and using the Dragon OH-6A kit, I scratchbuilt all the extras to turn it into the AH-6C.    The pilot who posted these pics corresponded with me and answered a million questions I had about "his" helo and what it was like flying in those early days (he flew this ship into combat).   It took me a year but I finally got it completed.  I loved every minute of the build.   I've stayed in touch with GT all this time and if the stars align and COVID ever goes away, I MAY be able to get this model down to him this year.  

DSCN0219.jpg

DSCN0214.jpg

On 1/5/2021 at 9:06 AM, Andreas Beck said:

No one in for the newer generation Hasegawa kits ???

I actually really enjoyed building the Hase P-40E into the Russian M-105 version. Granted, I hacked the font end of it to bits, but it was an excellent kit, and went together well. Makes me want to build another one, and I almost never do that.

Tim

For excellent detail and fit:

Tamiya Corsair

Tamiya F-4

Hasegawa P-40E

Academy AH-1Z

On a budget:

new-tool Revell P-51D-5

new-tool Revell Spitfire IXc

new-tool Revell Bf-109G-6

HobbyCraft Nieuport 17

Roden Sopwith Triplane

Classic 1960s-1970s:

Hasegawa F4B-4

Hasegawa Spitfire Vb

Hasegawa F6F Hellcat

Revell Beaufighter

Not quite 1/32, but a lot of fun:

Revell 1/28 Fokker Dr.I

Revell 1/28 Sopwith Camel

Revell 1/28 SPAD XIII

Edited by Model_Monkey

Good to hear Hasegawa p40e is a good kit. Will try to track it down when they resurface. And def look at Tamiya mustang and Corsair. Thanks guys:D

If Hasegawa do a Ju87B I’ll be all over that. It would be good if they do a ki 100 sometime (?)

Edited by Pup7309