Favourite 1/32 build?

Pup7309

Tamiya Spitfires.  But haven't built the Corsairs, Mossie and Zero I still have in my stash.  So that could change

Hasegawa P-40M.  Wish I could get a P-40N to add to my P-40 collection.

Airfix Typhoon, car door type.  Looking forward to doing their Hellcat.

Trumpeter Mig 3.  Easily the best Trumpy kit I've built so far.  Nor so impressed with the others.

Kitty Hawk's P-39 Airacobra.  Great kit, but take your time and check fit all parts.

HKM Meteor 4.  Great kit if a little simple.  Needs some aftermarket like Profimodeller's engine, but still a favourite build.

ICM I-16.  Just be careful of the wing construction.

Most anticipated builds.

The rest of the Tamiya kits in my stash.

Wingnuts Junkers D1 and Fokker VII

Airfix Hellcat, but I'm still looking for some decent decals.

Zoukei Mura Dornier DO335 and Henschel HS-129.

ICM Gladiator and Fiat CR-42 when I get it.

Cheers,

Michael

16 hours ago, geedubelyer said:

Hmmm,...good question.

I'm a bit of a light weight compared to many on here so haven't really got a huge reservoir of builds to draw on. I guess you mean to build Pup7309?

If so, the Tamiya Spitfire was a treat to build. That and their F-16 went together beautifully.

Cheers.

Yes to build and paint:) Although some might get pleasure just from opening the lid. That’s valid, no judgments here! I’ve  got the Tamiya Spit (mk8) primed and ready to go, can’t wait. Also have the Zero lined up, heard the gimmicky bits are a pain, but the Zero is a personal fave.

Edited by Pup7309

Such a variety of answers, very interesting. Some I’d never thought or heard of. Never considered a Trumpeter kit, but sounds like the Avenger is an exception to the rule. 

My Faves Tamiya / WNW.

Im looking forward to a few Hasegawa kits from the naughies Ki 84/ Raiden etc( yes late to the party on these) and ICM Gladiator next

Also Revell 1/32 Ju 87b Stuka I got for Christmas from Grandparents as a kid - First 1/32 kit, artwork and size really blew me away and had such fun building and painting it - so many raised rivets, so many memories. 

Edited by Pup7309

15 hours ago, mozart said:

Wise words Dean, my Tamiya Spitfire IX has lain a quarter completed in its box for some years now, no real challenge in it. 

For me, I have bought the wunderkits from Tamiya, HK, Hasegawa and WNW but so far my favourite 1/32 aircraft is the one I am crawling along with: The Matchbox DH.82A Tiger Moth: it fits together, it’s surface detail is not egregious, I can add detail where I want : i.e. fix the inaccurate seat and redo the instrument panels for a start, add detail to the floats. 

And it is a cheap kit if I make a mess of it: I am learning to improve my rigging and trying out some new paint techniques without fear of trashing a £200.00 kit.

though there my be less challenge in a Tamiya Spitfire Mk IX , for me, I want to know I am equal to it when I do build it. The old Revell Spitfire first for me then and learn from the fabulous build by Thierry...

Kind regards,

Paul

i may be in the minority with the tamiya spit.  I t was the first tamiya with the engine and magnets and I royally  screwed it up still sitting on the shelf of doom the front needs a ton of putty to get the panel to  close. The mustang  tamiya was  much better still had some issues with the front.    tamiya f 16 was a blast to build could concentrate on  paining and modifying it instead of fighting the engineering.  I am not looking for a sows ear to whip into shape with my superior skills I am looking for  a pastime which is pleasant.  Even  trumpeter makes a decent  project.  I think the trend to put in all the internal detail which screws you up if you don't want to  build that way    is  to be condemned.   Not all me 262 need to show the  cannons in fact if you look at the builds we perversely  build it with them closed with the engines covered up . I know if they offered them that way   there would  many complaining and building them  with scratch built  engines and    cannon nose open

Tamiya Corsair (even I couldn't mess it up)

Trumpeter Swordfish (because of the subject matter). It may well be 'influenced' by the 1/48 Tamiya kit but I still enjoyed building it

Revell Lynx

Revell Hunter - In my opinion one of the best value and most underrated kits available

Tamiya RA5C Vigilante (I have built this many times in my dreams)