wow shipping from europe is more ridiculous every day

dashotgun

10 hours ago, phasephantomphixer said:

For a little bit, UK to US wasn't bad. I had picked up a few Revell Germany kits at the time. But now, what you send and why best be vital!

My raffle recipient is in Australia, I sent off his three books and a decal sheet today USPS first class international - - $27.50.

IF these costs stick, I suggest the 2021 raffle exchanges be drawn within regions first... :DodgeBall:

That would be very awkward, as many, perhaps most, of the membership list no home country.

14 hours ago, phasephantomphixer said:

For a little bit, UK to US wasn't bad. I had picked up a few Revell Germany kits at the time. But now, what you send and why best be vital!

My raffle recipient is in Australia, I sent off his three books and a decal sheet today USPS first class international - - $27.50.

IF these costs stick, I suggest the 2021 raffle exchanges be drawn within regions first... :DodgeBall:

Well, you had a good P+P to downunder in that case, i myself donated a book (weight was 1.2 kg) and it would cost me almost "trice" the value of the book, over 100 AUD....go figure!! But eventually the "christmas spirit" reached my recipient....!!

I'm getting really tired of the incessant delays. A kit that was due to arrive yesterday, is now noted as "in transit to the next facility", whatever that means. Recent experience says that the kit might actually be here by this Saturday, two weeks after being shipped from right here in the states.

12 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'm getting really tired of the incessant delays. A kit that was due to arrive yesterday, is now noted as "in transit to the next facility", whatever that means. Recent experience says that the kit might actually be here by this Saturday, two weeks after being shipped from right here in the states.

Covid must surely be mostly responsible for this? Not just the amount of additional shipping, because so much trade has moved entirely online, but also illness reducing staffing levels as well. Not to mention the head of USPS cutting staff & investment in order to reduce losses, even though USPS is a service.....

4 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

That would be very awkward, as many, perhaps most, of the membership list no home country.

Simple remedy - anyone wishing to participate gives location when they enter raffle.

Doesn't have to be exact address yet of course, they get to save that for the winnings.

2 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

Covid must surely be mostly responsible for this? Not just the amount of additional shipping, because so much trade has moved entirely online, but also illness reducing staffing levels as well. Not to mention the head of USPS cutting staff & investment in order to reduce losses, even though USPS is a service.....

Also the lack of air travel had planes with cargo bays full just sitting. Not sure if that is still an issue, but I am two Months in on two packages from Germany.

38 minutes ago, Jack said:

Well, you had a good P+P to downunder in that case, i myself donated a book (weight was 1.2 kg) and it would cost me almost "trice" the value of the book, over 100 AUD....go figure!! But eventually the "christmas spirit" reached my recipient....!!

You do indeed have it worse, but I still say it is excessive.

1 hour ago, phasephantomphixer said:

Also the lack of air travel had planes with cargo bays full just sitting. Not sure if that is still an issue, but I am two Months in on two packages from Germany.

Good point, didn't think of that. I was shocked at how much cargo was moved in passenger planes, as opposed to cargo planes.

1 hour ago, phasephantomphixer said:

Simple remedy - anyone wishing to participate gives location when they enter raffle.

Doesn't have to be exact address yet of course, they get to save that for the winnings.

That's a good point, and one that we (the staff) will discuss. I still don't think it's very practical, but perhaps it could be worked out. I see a few potential problems, such as someone in the UK offering a wonderful kit, but no one on earth can possibly win it if they don't live in the UK.

11 hours ago, phasephantomphixer said:

Also, cargo planes carried only around 55% of all air carried cargo.

The rest was carried in passenger plane holds, and we all know how much they've declined by.

US domestic air travel has declined by at least 65%, internationally the decline is almost 90%.

So that reduced capacity alone will allow up deliveries massively, let alone then having sick delivery drivers to do the last mile delivery.

I'm surprised mail has held up as well as it has.

On 1/4/2021 at 8:29 AM, dashotgun said:

was looking to get some anyz stuff  put some  decals in the  cart  shipping to the us for a set of decals is ups only and  34 euros or 41.73 euros!    just incredible

dashotgun,

Hobby World USA carries the ANYZ line. And their postal costs (within the US) are reasonable.

I placed an order, my first with them, in late November 2020. It included several ANYZ items.

Just this week, I finally received a shipping notice. I’m not sure what caused the delay as every item ordered showed as “in stock” on their website.

So as long as you’re not in a big hurry, this appears to be an affordable source for the products you seek.

Edited by allthumbs

19 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Well, I had a shop mail me a model from the city next to us (28 minute drive away door to door) and instead, Canada Post took  it to Halifax and then back to me. So instead of roughly 50km, it went 3600.

Still arrived before Christmas though. 

34 minutes ago, allthumbs said:

dashotgun,

Hobby World USA carries the ANYZ line. And their postal costs (within the US) are reasonable.

I placed an order, my first with them, in late November 2020. It included several ANYZ items.

Just this week, I finally received a shipping notice. I’m not sure what caused the delay as every item ordered showed as “in stock” on their website.

So as long as you’re not in a big hurry, this appears to be an affordable source for the products you seek.

thanks I will take a  look , I wanted the decals of the stiching i thought  that was a super idea  I have some flexible seat belts that needed some dressing up.  I ended up buying the 3d seatbelts from kitsworld instead  will do a review of those when they arrive although with the UK on lock down who knows?   update  I checked them out in stock and willing to send in a 1st class envelope(  3.50  okay   50 worth of postage and 3 handeling I guess  still better then  47 dollars from anyz   shout out to  all thumbs

Edited by dashotgun

20 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Quite possibly. That, plus a tendency for more folks than ever to shop online during the crisis, combined with insane holiday time-frame orders, we're probably lucky to get the stuff within a month. It still annoys me though. I don't order stuff because I want it "some day", I order because I want it soon, and the sooner the better.