P-38 J Lightning Revell 1:32

Martin Kubis

Hello,
As I like this old school Revell 1:32 kits I went for the real vintage from 1970 (plastic was still in great condition as well as decals) Model from the box with all raised panel lines (I just made "Titanic" rivets bit smaller by sanding) and the scheme is from the box too.
Only aftermarket are wheels, interior and guns (all was defigned for the Trumpeter kit but it fits this old Revell wery well without any issuses).
Airbrushed with Revell and Humrol enamels and aquacolor for the details. Weathered with Revell pigments.
I know these days there are on the market more accurate models of this aircraft, but this was nice memory to build it again after 30 yeas when I found this model as a teenager under christmas tree.
Martin

IMG_20210103_154134 (1) IMG_20210103_153833 IMG_20210103_153538 IMG_20210103_153304 IMG_20210103_153237

45 minutes ago, brahman104 said:

very nice!!! I remember brush painting one of these when I was about 11. I'm pleased to say that yours in no way looks like that!!!!!!

Craig

Thanks Craig and everyone for nice comments. I was about 11 too when I build this big model for the first time. My father airbushed it for me + painted the pilot. I think this model is still in my parents house, so I might take picture to compare them after 30 years:)

Martin

Thanks guys for nice comments, these old Revell kits are bringing back memories so why not to build it again as is used to be..without too many worries what is accurate. (Less work, more fun) I am still imressed how were people able to produce such a kit in 1970 without any special 3d software and it is still looking good.