Mr Surfacer another way to remove it

Bob MDC

As some of you know I was the UK source for GSI products for a few years basically picking up Mr S at a Nuernberg back in the 80's and been in love with it ever since. How I became UK distributor is another tale!!

As you know Mr S can be removed without sanding with IPA (isopropyl alcohol) or Mr Color Thinners, just a tip I have been using , try optical lens cleaners the thin tissue wipes in the little packet the paper is slightly abrasive and removes the filler well the original tissue come with a mild alcohol base but can be easily re-hydrated with the solvent of your choice.

My brand of choice is Zeiss as for some reason I get them offered as an add-on with Amazon I paid just under £2.00 for a box of 100 tablet wipes same as the spec wipes but bigger:)

small amount on a  ear bud   just damp does not damage plastic sure if you flood it will also nail polish remover is not straight acetone ymmv   or use something else  I have used lacquer   thinner successfully as well and that will also melt plastic if not careful 

The gold rule is 'Always test' before! I will never forget the weird reaction I observed some decades ago. I was building an ESCI 1/72 Supersabre and was quite disappointed when I saw a small scratch on the canopy. This was far before Internet days and products to polish plastic were not common and not really accessible to a teenager. Fortunately I read in a mag article that toothpaste could be used. I was really relieved and decided to have a go. Alas, something in that Colgate pasta had the weird idea to bite into the full plastic surface. Useless to say dozens of hours of polishing with a cloth were the only way to get again something more or less clear... And useless to say the lesson was learnt!