Mirage 2000 Operation Daguet

scott_t

few more pics .....the detailing behind the seat is what it is ..... I wish I had some pics of the area with the seat removed ..... but for this build, I will go with it.

base-coated with black primer and then sprayed with grey. Some with the seat. More painting to follow and eventually, some Quinta Studio raised decals.

EzyEBE.jpg

vhc42K.jpg

YzcnG3.jpg

p7LDzv.jpg

Thanks for looking

- Scott

1 hour ago, MARU5137 said:

Scott,

Glad the link was useful.   :thumbsup:

The  Cockpit and instrument  panel  seat and belts look

mighty  IMPRESSIVE. 

Keep up the EXCEPTIONAL  Workmanship. 

:goodjob:      :wow:

Thanks Maru !

Small update .....I have been working on the intakes. It has been suggested to attach these to the fuselage sides prior to gluing the fuselage halves together vs Kitty Hawks instructions that have you do the opposite.

2N4NkO.jpg

This will be in a desert scheme from Desert Storm, hence the color on the intake spike(?) ...not sure of the proper nomenclature for the pointy thing !

zBrQZo.jpg

KH provides intake doors that absolutely do not fit. I am plugging them with some sheet styrene pieces and puttied the back side to give them some support from the back. Will have to put a very thin layer of putty on the outside and do some careful sanding.

QgfxSJ.jpg

KH also provides a glass window that covers the searchlight. No surprise, it fits like crap. I used my Dremel to thin the inside area and now the clear window fits much nicer. I have a searchlight assembly to put behind the window.

That's all for now

Scott

Edited by scott_t

On 1/28/2021 at 12:16 AM, scott_t said:

Small update .....I have been working on the intakes. It has been suggested to attach these to the fuselage sides prior to gluing the fuselage halves together vs Kitty

This will be in a desert scheme from Desert Storm, hence the color on the intake spike(?) ...not sure of the proper nomenclature for the pointy thing !

I believe the French nickname them "souris" - mice, because they look like the nose of a mouse peeping through it's hole in the wall:)  They are variable shock cones designed to  keep the shockwave at the intake lip (as the speed of the aircraft changes) to slow down the air inside the intake as engines don't like digesting supersonic air.

11 hours ago, jenshb said:

I believe the French nickname them "souris" - mice, because they look like the nose of a mouse peeping through it's hole in the wall:)  They are variable shock cones designed to  keep the shockwave at the intake lip (as the speed of the aircraft changes) to slow down the air inside the intake as engines don't like digesting supersonic air.

Hi Jens

You are right about the nickname "mice" and their workings are fairly interesting.

Without them there is a shockwave on the intake lip which decelerate the air to sub-sonic on the inside of the inlet duct (Only a Scramjet has supersonic flow inside the duct). This deceleration across one shockwave is inefficient and causes a massive temperature rise. The shock cones (Mice) move forward as Mach increases and causes two additional angled shock waves forward of the one on the intake. Decelerating the airflow in 3 stages is much more efficient and allows for more thrust.  

The second function of the shock cone is to decrease the area of the intake. At high Mach the engine cannot use all the air due to ram effect leading to drag. The smaller area with the Mice in the forward position prevents this drag.

Cheers

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...