Color: Science, Research, Systems, and Standards

George

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

Yes, certainly. The thing is, once you've been here a while, you get to know better who's who. Dean probably has more WNW kits than anyone here.

My latest count shows 79 WNW kits in the stash.

But I bet there are others with at least similar numbers? LSP Mike has one or two. Hell, I understand he had to built not one but TWO barns, just to store his stash!!!!

And although Rog doesn't have a WWI craving, I'm pretty sure his stash is causing Australian clocks to run slower, what with armour, aeroplanes and everything else.

24 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

My latest count shows 79 WNW kits in the stash.

But I bet there are others with at least similar numbers? LSP Mike has one or two. Hell, I understand he had to built not one but TWO barns, just to store his stash!!!!

And although Rog doesn't have a WWI craving, I'm pretty sure his stash is causing Australian clocks to run slower, what with armour, aeroplanes and everything else.

Yep, Mike is a different animal. We don't discuss Mike.

As to Rog, he's responsible for tectonic plate shifting in Australia, I'm sure of it.

Whereas I have a measly 60 WNW kits.

14 or 15 of those are Albies and DVIIs, so I don't really have a lot.

Rog may be responsible for the Aussie conntinental tilt.

To be fair though, at one point I shipped many 3 foot square boxes to a certain admin here. How many? Enough to make even Dean blush.

1 hour ago, George said:

WW1 is not my thing.  It was a short war for the United States-1 year and 7 months.  WW2 was more exciting.  It was truly global.

All true. But I was never really into WWI what so ever before WnW. I only have a paltry 10 or so WnW kits, but have a single copy of only the airframes I liked.......but after seeing WnWs documentation, the appeal of the the galant men who used to take these fancy kites into battle really started to grow.

2 hours ago, Grant_T said:

George... a less charitable person might think you were trolling at this stage.

I initiated the discussion on Color: Science, Research, Systems, and Standards and somehow the conversation to a right turn down World War One Memory Lane.  I think some have too much time on their hands but I sense there is an undercurrent of brotherhood of scale modelers here.  Bravo you Merry Men of Sherwood Forest.

31 minutes ago, George said:

I initiated the discussion on Color: Science, Research, Systems, and Standards and somehow the conversation to a right turn down World War One Memory Lane.  I think some have too much time on their hands but I sense there is an undercurrent of brotherhood of scale modelers here.  Bravo you Merry Men of Sherwood Forest.

Indeed we do. It's a great place, full of all sort of knowledgeable and interesting characters.

3 hours ago, George said:

Never hesitate to offer help George. Most of us likely already know but if you help

at least one person, it's worth the effort.

6 hours ago, George said:

World class trolling going on here.

Ah, Dean emerges from the "Stadium of Styrene".

The study of color as relating to camoflauge can be fascinating, or merely another step in the modelling process. I find the evolution particularly interesting  during the BoB for the Luftwaffe.

USN/USMC Pacific theater paint schemes underwent some changes as well depending on circumstances, as did Japanese planes.

I find J. Ethells books quite useful.