My 2020 finished list. Lockdown distraction/shelf of doom clearance.

Stokey Pete

Well, 2020 has been a prolific one for me, I usually manage 1 build,  maybe 2 (at a push) during a year. To have actually finished 5 kits is unheard of at my bench. There were a couple of false starts too. An Apache that ended up junked owing to many missing parts that were too difficult to source, and a Harrier that I started off with enthusiasm, but lost the mojo for early on. That’s the only kit on the shelf of doom

currently.

January began with the finishing off of the British Aerospace owned Tornado GR1 test bed.

50785865548_0dabe914c4_b.jpg

March/April came along with the worlds worrying new situation. My wife couldn’t decide which of the two she preferred when she saw images of built kits, so she let me buy and build both over the summer.

First off, came the Arctic aggressor Viper from Eielson AFB.

50786726227_90d1bf033a_b.jpg

Built alongside that in a double up build, came ‘Zeus’ from the Hellenic AF. My personal opinion, this has got to be one of the most attractive schemes ever to adorn a fighter jet. 

50786726192_be48e4de48_b.jpg

In between those two, I sneaked in shake and bake build of a Revell Mustang. It’s not especially accurate, or well finished by my own high standards. I just wanted something to distract me in between building stages of the Vipers. 

50785924393_32f7526c2a_b.jpg

I began the Autumnal season doing two things. First was to begin plans for the full meal deal Flanker that I’ve got on the go currently. The second, was to rescue my VFC-12 Ambush Hornet from the shelf of doom. When it was retrieved, it had the cockpit painted, and a few bits of weaponry glued together. A little over a month or so later....

50785865573_5a05e2c979_b.jpg

And so, we consign 2020 to the shelf of doom. Onwards to the dawn of a better and  more successful 2021.

Happy modelling to you all, may it bring much joy.

Edited by Stokey Pete

• Stokey Pete changed the title to My 2020 finished list. Lockdown distraction/shelf of doom clearance.
10 hours ago, monthebiff said:

All absolutely superb particularly the Hellenic F-16 Pete. 

So back in basically full lockdown again hopefully for the last time so more please!

Regards. Andy 

I intend to try and get a quick build or two done alongside the Flanker. I may well rescue the Harrier GR7 from the SOD.