Border Model 1/35!!! New Bf-109G-6 and Ju-87G

Jan_G

15 minutes ago, onosendai said:

Breaking News! Panic among A/M manufacturers, all rushing to downscale their wheels, cockpit......

Breaking News!  Tamiya announces a new range of 1/32 scale armor and military figure kits.  Panic among AM manufacturers as they rush to upscale thousands of PE and resin sets.   Riots erupt at local hobby stores and model conventions as extremest modelers battle it out regarding what is the "true" scale.   

2021 is off to a horrific start.

Edited by John1

All the different scales are interesting if you want to make an airfield diorama in depth.

Like in a "looking-box".

Put a 24 th or 32 nd first,then 35 th,then 48 th,then 72 nd,and even finish with a 1/144 th model in line.

This way you create a line of planes parked on the airfield.

Starting with 24 th might be to much.It would be a very big looking-box

Same can be done with figures,cars,control tower,etc...

You could even have a couple of planes in the air by using only half a model in 72 nd or 1/144 th on a blue background.

I often played with the idea of doing such a project with a line of Hurricanes or Spitfires.

It never reached beyond that.

Edited by Erwin

37 minutes ago, Radub said:

Looking at the Bf 109 parts breakdown and parts shapes (engine bearers, spinner)  it appears that this model shares the same shape issues as the Trumpeter Bf 109 kits. 

Radu  

I’m told that Border Models is actually a boutique offshoot of Trumpeter. That could be wrong, but it is what I’ve heard. Which explains what Radu has noted. 

The sprue resemble the Trumpeter kit a lot and sad to say you can get the trumpeter line if Bf 109s for $25 all day long.  Not sure what Border is thinking here I build more armor than aircraft now but I don’t need a Stuka or 109G to sit beside my 1/35 Panther or knocked out T-34.

Edited by oyoy5

Other than for use in a crashed aircraft dio build with other 1/35 vehicles and figures displayed alongside or whilst being transported on the back of a truck like a Dragon Wagon (for whatever reason it would be!), then what possible use are these subjects in anyone's model collection?

I would be most interested to know what marketing logic they have applied to think they have a "winner" (or even an actual 'demand') with these kit....?

Gary

Just now, elric said:

Am i correct, that this is Large Scale Planes ie:- 1/32 scale and larger if so why are we even discussing 1/35 as its smaller on this site?????????

Bob 

'LSP' starts with 1/35 flying vehicles models (initially because of the helicopters released in that scale). So this is in scope !