Border Model 1/35!!! New Bf-109G-6 and Ju-87G

Jan_G

My point about “compare this to Trumpeter” was not to highlight the errors in either kit. The shared errors are just the thing that points to the genealogy of the kit design. Look at the shape of the engine bearer, rudder, nose underside panel, the entire engine and the entire cockpit, they all share the same shapes. 
When I brought Trumpeter into this, it was just about the scale conundrum: if you want a Bf 109 in scale 1/35 then get this one. If you are worried/upset that you did not want this in 1/35 and you wanted this in scale 1/32, then you have a “brother” of this kit in the Trumpeter box. You are not being deprived, what you want is already available.
It does not matter if you do not see the errors. If this is what you are looking for, then enjoy it! The Trumpeter kit has many fans. 
Radu

Edited by Radub

11 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Me too..............I know its way WAY more than that, but I would LOVE to be able to put in the work to learn the CAD,

I spent many years working in CAD as a surface design trainer working on the kind of complex shapes you get on ship hulls, cars and aeroplanes.

I scratchbuild models using hand tools and a lathe

I'm not sure if that tells us anything

Richard

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Andy at Andy's Hobby HQ has posted a good little in-box review of the Bf 109G-6 kit:

Kev

Just watched the video.  Many things look great...  but with other 1/32 kits seemingly on the horizon...  I may just wait.

I Like the look of that kit, especially the slide molded parts.  Very well done.  I wonder how much it will retail for?  I hope Z-M's upcoming 109 is at least as good. 

Cheers,

Michael

Not due out till August. Curious to those with the Trumpeter 1/32 109s, did any of those come with slide Moulding parts?  I was not familiar with the term slide Moulding and had to look that up.   Reason I ask about the Trumpeter kits is because there has been some discussion that this kit is an up scaled version of the Trumpeter kit. Wondering if it is all new Moulding, some new Moulding or just an upscale of an old kit. 

I did see that in reviews of the Trumpeter it appears some of the kits had clear parts for the engine cowlings?  

Edit. Went back to a few reviews and appears no clear engine cowlings with Trumpeter kits. 

Paul

Edited by Paul2660

19 hours ago, Paul2660 said:

Not due out till August. Curious to those with the Trumpeter 1/32 109s, did any of those come with slide Moulding parts?  I was not familiar with the term slide Moulding and had to look that up.   Reason I ask about the Trumpeter kits is because there has been some discussion that this kit is an up scaled version of the Trumpeter kit. Wondering if it is all new Moulding, some new Moulding or just an upscale of an old kit. 

I did see that in reviews of the Trumpeter it appears some of the kits had clear parts for the engine cowlings?  

Edit. Went back to a few reviews and appears no clear engine cowlings with Trumpeter kits. 

Paul

The 1/24 Trumpeter Bf 109 came with clear parts for the fuselage and cowls. The Trumpeter Bf 109 also featured "slide moulding", but to be pedantic, if you are referring to the hollowed exhausts and gun barrels, that is actually "side action", whereby parts are placed on the edge (side) of the runner and it is not as complex as "slide moulds". That means that it is a three-part mould: cavity, core and side. Slide moulding involves a number of separate parts for the cavity (or core) side of the mould and is is a bit more complex. If you google "side action mold" and "slide mold" you will find a lot of info and videos explaining it. 

The Border and Trumpeter kits (in 1/24 and 1/32) share the same artwork and research. You can see that clearly if you look at the shape of many parts (such as the engine bearer), but possibly the biggest "giveaway" of the shared origins of the artwork is the presence of the "three disks on the top of the engine block".

This is the DB 605. There are no "three disks on top of the engine block"

Flugmotor_DB_605A.jpg

Look for the 3 disks at the front end of the engine block: 

Border Model 1/35, part 13 (from this review: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235094691-messerschmitt-bf109g-6-bf001-135-no-thats-not-a-typo/ ): 

detail-cockpit.jpg

Trumpeter 1/32 (from this review: http://www.internetmodeler.com/scalemodels/flaviation/Trumpeter-1-32-Messerschmitt-Bf109G-6-Early.php ): 

http://www.internetmodeler.com/artman/uploads/3/Trumpeter_Bf109G-6_Early_parts_1.jpg 

Trumpeter 1/24 (from this review: http://kits.kitreview.com/bf109g624reviewbg_1.htm )

http://kits.kitreview.com/images/bf109g624reviewbg_e.jpg

The artwork for this Bf 109 was also used in a scale 1/18 "ready painted" BBI model. Look again for the three disks on the top of the engine block here: https://www.flyingmule.com/products/BB-003771 

As I said before, these "markers" only indicate that these models share the same artwork. The layout on runners may differ from kit to kit but fundamentally the shapes and proportions are identical. 

later edit: some images are not loading automatically, so please click on the links ending in .jpg to see the images. 

I hope this helps, 

Radu 

Edited by Radub

• 2 months later...