Border Model 1/35!!! New Bf-109G-6 and Ju-87G

Jan_G

21 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

A wonderful recollection of mine, is the Tamiya Walker Bulldog, the very first armor kit from Tamiya that I ever encountered. I remember being absolutely stunned by the incredible detail of the time, especially compared to the Aurora armor kits I had done previously, back in the days of my youth, when I referred to every Panzer as a Tiger.

I built the same kit! Motorization didn't work too great though...

28 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

I built the same kit! Motorization didn't work too great though...

I re-acquired the same kit a few years back. Not sure if I'll build it or just display it in-box.

7 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

Given the booming diorama industry in 35th and quality of Borders armour kits stuff like the Ju87G is an interesting move.

What a great irony it would be  to get the best Stuka in a large scale suited for armour modellers.

Given its role quite appropriate really..

I'm not that sure if the kits are re-sized Trumpeter releases as their Me109 and Ju87 are far from accurate.

On 1/3/2021 at 4:25 PM, LSP_Ray said:

Must admit: I have a 1/35th Soviet fuel truck just itching for a 1/35th Yak...of course, I already had the 1/35th Pend d'Orielle Bf109 G-6 that I was going to use in a crash dio. Would have preferred a 1/35th 109 F so I can park Marseille's "Otto" next to it.

Same here on same scale subject cross-building. Prefer 1/32 scale aircraft since there are a few modern US truck kits out there to have a museum bird such as Fw-190 disassembled - palletized to be delivered. Have a few pics of the Fw-190D-13 yellow 10 on a lowboy trailer...

fwiw Border are one of the more responsive manufacturers if you contact them via Facebook

i did message them and said that as their armour models are generally pretty good, i hoped they would also make 1/32 and that they would also sell much more in that scale than 1/35

they replied next day and said that they want to try 1/35, but not much more than that

• 4 weeks later...

I don't understand the "upset" about the scale. These kits are made by a division of Trumpeter. Trumpeter already makes these kits in scale 1/32. If one wants to build a 1/32 model, one can get the Trumpeter kit. If one wants to build a 1/35 model, one can get the Border Model kit. They are the same kits, just in slightly different scales. 

Radu

In all this discussion everyone has overlooked Pit Roads 1/35 F-15J (available at Plaza Japan) for all those modern dioramas. Not interested to find out if they make any other 1/35 stuff as I found it by accident looking for other things.

TRF

3 hours ago, fastterry said:

In all this discussion everyone has overlooked Pit Roads 1/35 F-15J (available at Plaza Japan) for all those modern dioramas. Not interested to find out if they make any other 1/35 stuff as I found it by accident looking for other things.

TRF

Because this is a typo! It is actually a 1/48th kit. Just compare the size (400mm) and price with the 1/48th kit.

On 2/2/2021 at 8:33 AM, Radub said:

I don't understand the "upset" about the scale. These kits are made by a division of Trumpeter. Trumpeter already makes these kits in scale 1/32. If one wants to build a 1/32 model, one can get the Trumpeter kit. If one wants to build a 1/35 model, one can get the Border Model kit. They are the same kits, just in slightly different scales. 

Radu

Hey Radu

Do you know this for sure, I was led to believe they were a possbile spin off from Takom looking at the way they do the gate mouldings ? Either owned by or ex Takom staff . 

2 hours ago, Panzerwomble said:

Hey Radu

Do you know this for sure, I was led to believe they were a possbile spin off from Takom looking at the way they do the gate mouldings ? Either owned by or ex Takom staff . 

Maybe Takom has some involvement, I don't know. The fact is that these kits in scale 1/35 share the same issues/errors as their 1/32 Trumpeter counterparts. 

Radu 

47 minutes ago, Radub said:

Maybe Takom has some involvement, I don't know. The fact is that these kits in scale 1/35 share the same issues/errors as their 1/32 Trumpeter counterparts. 

Radu 

As far as I know they haven't been released for sale yet, where is this info coming from please ? Can you link to a source perhaps  ?

Border have only put out half a dozen armour kits or so ( excluding variations) 

Their 1/35 armour has generally been well recieved , I can confrim , I have a Mk IV J in the stash , which looks very similar to the way Takom do their sprues, and is a well moulded kit.