Border Model 1/35!!! New Bf-109G-6 and Ju-87G

Jan_G

8 hours ago, Radub said:

Looking at the Bf 109 parts breakdown and parts shapes (engine bearers, spinner)  it appears that this model shares the same shape issues as the Trumpeter Bf 109 kits. 

Radu  

I was wondering if it was a scaled down version of it.  If it was could that have made this more of a viable business decision?  Assuming less development costs.

Matty

3 hours ago, elric said:

Am i correct, that this is Large Scale Planes ie:- 1/32 scale and larger if so why are we even discussing 1/35 as its smaller on this site?????????

Bob 

We also include 1/35 aircraft,  because may helicopters are in that scale.

11 hours ago, Paul2660 said:

1/35 vs 1/32 will not be a factor for me.  Can someone tell the difference between the two scales from 12 inches away?  How much larger will a 1/35 scale 109 be vs a 1/32? 

A 32nd scale kit takes up 31% more volume than a 35th scale kit. The difference will be quite obvious.

4 minutes ago, LSP_Ron said:

Because they settled on 1/32 long ago based on imperial measure until Tamiya showed up with 1/35

Okay, I rescind my previous statement and amend it to: "why manufacturers never settled on 1/3x as the standard is beyond me."  :)

My point is that I'd love to have one common large scale for ground vehicles and aircraft.  1/32, 1/35... I don't care what it is, as long as everything is the same.

Edited by ChuckD

5 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Wow, what a totally dumb idea. I would have much preferred 1:38th, to be honest.

It would probably have been a better idea to start up a series of 1/32nd airfield & support vehicles than try and start a series of 1/35th aircraft.