Revell Release schedule 2021

Jan_G

8 minutes ago, alaninaustria said:

What caught my attention was the 1/48 Sr-71 new tool... always wanted to build that beast since I was a kid... if Rona continues deep into ‘21 I might just grab this kit and have a go at it!

Cheers

Alan

New tool SR-71 is on my list! Loved watching that jet depart Kadena! 

Cheers...Ron

26 minutes ago, oyoy5 said:

I’m with you Rick I don’t think the SR 71 is a new Tool kit though can’t see Revell doing a new one or upgrading the old.

The 1/48 SR-71 was announced as a newly-tooled kit at last year’s Nuremberg toy fair. Much as I loved the old Testors Blackbird (and the YF-12A), I’ll be very happy to have a new kit.

HPH may yet deliver a resin Blackbird in 1/32, but I’d have to sell one of my kidneys to afford one, and I don’t think the remaining kidney could handle the liquid courage required to build it.

Adam

7 hours ago, Phartycr0c said:

Isn't it a bit early for ICM to be handing the reins of the Gladiator over to Revell for a rebox or are they just using Revells production power? I don't know how this reboxing thing works. 

Likewise Kinetics Hawk. 

I'd wager that ICM have enjoyed their period of exclusivity, allowing them to sell a goodly number at a handy premium, but are now facing headwinds with further significant sales. So Revell, with a big brand, marketing budget and wholesale presence, can offer ICM a marginal price and volume that they'd not be able to maintain themselves.

Revell sell loads at relatively large volumes, ICM pocket additional profits they'd not have had otherwise.

Everybody is happy!

But why Revell didn't make more Ju88's, He111's, Ar196A-3s or even 109G's is a mystery to me. Even the old Matchbox Lysander kit goes for daft money on EBay these days 

To me, it suggests that us lot are not representative of the wider 1/32 market, because I don't believe Revell would leave profits like that go unbanked, so they must reckon they'd not sell enough to justify more productions runs?